MS ESPRIT Ship Review
MS ESPRIT Overview
The ms Esprit, one of Tauck’s Jewel Class vessels, was launched by Tauck in 2015 after undergoing refurbishment. It carries up to 118 guests and 36 crew members. Compared to other ships on the Rhine and Moselle rivers, it is smaller in size. However, the ship still provides many of the same amenities you’ll find on larger vessels, such as a Fitness Center, Massage Room, Boutique, Jacuzzi, Putting Green and a Panorama Lounge.
Aboard the ms Esprit, guests will have access to a Tauck Cruise Director and three Tauck Assistant Directors. Shore excursion, which are culturally-rich, often private and unique to Tauck, are arranged by the cruise directors. Guests can expect to enjoy a first-class experience both onboard and on land.
MS ESPRIT Staterooms
The ms Esprit has 7 different stateroom categories that are further differentiated by their relative position on the ship and their square footage:
Emerald Deck (Deck 1)
There are 2 stateroom categories available on this deck. Both feature a window rather than a balcony.
- Category 1 is a Standard Riverview Stateroom. There are 8 staterooms available located Midship. This category features two windows that doe not open. The windows are 2 feet x 3 feet in size. Staterooms are 150 square feet.
- Category 2 is a Junior Suite Riverview Stateroom. There is 1 stateroom available located Midship. This category features a large picture window that does not open. Stateroom size is 183 square feet.
Ruby Deck (Deck 2)
There are 3 stateroom categories and 52 cabins on this deck.
- Category 3 is a Standard Balcony Stateroom. There are 22 cabins available located Aft. Stateroom size is 150 square feet.
- Category 4 is a Standard Stateroom with a Balcony. This category has the most cabins and all are located on Deck 2. There are 28 cabins available located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 150 square feet.
- Category 5 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 2 staterooms available located Midship. Stateroom size is 183 square feet.
Diamond Deck (Deck 3)
There are 18 cabins located on this deck in 2 different categories.
- Category 6 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 4 cabins available located Forward and Aft. Stateroom size is 183 square feet.
- Category 7 is a Suite with a Balcony. There are 14 cabins located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 300 square feet.
All staterooms have an elegantly-designed marble bath with shower where guests are treated to premium-brand Molton Brown toiletries, which are exclusive to Tauck. A bathrobe and slippers are also complimentary for all cabins. Category 7 Suites feature a separate shower and bathtub.
Other luxurious touches for all staterooms, include 400 thread count linens and pillows of mako cotton with hypoallergenic 90% down filling.
And additionally, all cabins have a mini-fridge stocked daily with water and soft drinks, a 32″ LED TV, two chairs, a desk, a safe and individual climate control.
Category 7 Suites includes a few extra features, such as breakfast room service, 2 french balconies, a couch, two chairs, a coffee table and a walk-in closet.
While staterooms on Deck 1 have 2 windows rather than a balcony, the remaining 85% have floor-to-ceiling windows with real French balconies.
MS ESPRIT Public Areas
Aboard the ms Esprit, you’ll find two dining venues. The main Dining Room is located Midship on the Ruby Deck (Deck 2), and there is also a Casual Dining area located at the rear of the ship on the third deck.
The Panorama Lounge & Bar is located Forward on the Diamond Deck (Deck 3). And a Boutique as well as the Reception Desk are also found on this deck.
There is a Fitness Center on the first deck for guests who like to maintain an exercise regimen while traveling. Also located on the Emerald Deck (Deck 1) is a Spa & Massage Room for guests to enjoy.
A couple of other places on the ms Esprit for guests to gather are located on the Sun Deck (Deck 4) – the Putting Green and a Jacuzzi.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Intimate 118-guest ship provides a highly personalized experience
- Fare includes airport transfers. port charges, gratuities and unlimited beverages (coffee, tea, soft drinks, beer, wine & spirits).
- All staterooms have a river view.
- An elevator is available for passenger use.
- Free WiFi is available onboard throughout the ship.
- All staterooms aboard ms Esprit are fitted with 220 volt and 110 volt outlets in the cabin and bathroom.
Read all of our articles on ms Esprit.
Tauck Ship Reviews
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|New Rhone Ship|
|New Seine Ship|
|ms Swiss Jewel|
|ms Swiss Sapphire|