SCENIC PEARL Review
The Scenic Pearl measures 442 feet in length and carries 169 guests and a crew of 48. Unlike many river cruise ships, Scenic Diamond offers full, step-out balconies in place of more traditional French balcony staterooms.
Six Scenic “Space Ships” will be part of the Scenic Tours fleet by the end of 2012.
SCENIC PEARL Staterooms
There are 14 different stateroom categories aboard the Scenic Pearl. These are broken down into two main categories: full balcony staterooms and standard Oceanview staterooms featuring a window that cannot open. Categories are further differentiated by their relative position on the ship and their square footage:
- Category D and E Staterooms are located on Moselle Deck, the lowest accommodation deck on board, and feature windows that do not open. They measure 160 square feet.
- Category BS is designed for Solo travellers. Measuring 129 square feet, this stateroom (#224) is located on Rhine Deck and features a full step-out balcony.
- Categories BD, BA and C all measure 205 square feet and are located on Rhine Deck. They feature full step-out balconies.
- Category BJ is a Junior Balcony Suite featuring a full step-out balcony. It measures 250 square feet and is located on Rhine Deck.
- Categories PD, PA and A are all located on Danube Deck, the uppermost accommodations deck. They measure 205 square feet, and all feature full step-out balconies.
- Category S is a Panorama Balcony Suite situated all the way aft on Danube Deck. These two suites have 180-degree views of the ship’s wake and side, and measure 250 square feet.
- Category RJ suites also measure 250 square feet, but are located along the port and starboard sides of Danube Deck.
- Category RA suites, or Royal Suites, are located on Danube Deck and measure 300 square feet. There are two of these suites, numbers 316 and 317.
- Category R suites are also Royal Suites located on Danube Deck, but are slightly larger than Category RA suites at 315 square feet. There are two of these suites, numbers 314 and 315.
All staterooms feature flat-panel televisions, wireless internet access, L’Occitane bath amenities, plush bathrobes, and Scenic’s own “Scenic Slumber Beds,” featuring crisp Egyptian linens. A mini-bar, hairdryer and personal safe are also included in every stateroom.
SCENIC PEARL Public Areas
Aboard Scenic’s “Space Ships,” several comfortable public areas are available for passengers to relax and mingle in.
The Panorama Lounge and Bar is situated all the way forward on Danube Deck and features floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for spectacular views of the passing scenery; a distinguishing feature of river cruising.
Two Restaurants offer guests more dining choices than on some river cruisers. The Crystal Dining Room is situated forward on Rhine Deck and serves up elegant fare in a comfortable setting, while Portobello’s Restaurant occupies the forward space of Danube Deck, and is flanked by the comfortable Observation Lounge.
An outdoor Sun Deck occupies the uppermost deck of the ship and features plenty of space for scenic viewing, in addition to an Open-air Lounge and a Walking Track. A Gift Shop and Fitness Center round out the mix of amenities available on board.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Scenic’s “Space Ships” feature full, step-out balconies. There are no French balcony staterooms onboard.
- An elevator for passenger use is available.
- Gratuities, on board and ashore, are included on all Scenic Cruises.
- Complimentary wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffees, teas and soft drinks.
- In-Suite mini-bar is restocked daily.
- Onboard stateroom power is 220 volts; North American cruisers will require a power adapter.
Read other articles about the Scenic Pearl.
Scenic Ship Reviews
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|