RIVER CLOUD II Ship Review
Built in 2001, River Cloud II is 338 feet long and capable of carrying 88 passengers in 44 cabins. She sails the Rhine, Main, Danube and the stunning Black Sea for Sea Cloud Cruises.
In their staterooms, passengers are greeted with fresh roses, comfortable robes, mini-bars, air conditioning, and marble sinks with gold fixtures.
Little touches, like complimentary use of umbrellas found in both staterooms and the ship’s Reception area, ensure guests’ needs are anticipated. Internet access is available for a fee, and a complimentary laptop is provided in the ship’s library for passenger use.
RIVER CLOUD II Staterooms
- Cabin No. 1 is suitable for Handicap access, and is located on the Promenade Deck. It features both upper and lower bunk-style beds, and a handicap-accessible bathroom.
- Category C staterooms are located on Cabin Deck, and measure 118 square feet. They feature two single beds that cannot be combined, two porthole windows, a mini-bar, television set, a closet and a safe. A marble bathroom accented with gold fixtures rounds out these staterooms.
- Category B staterooms are essentially the same as Category C, but with the ability to combine the two single beds into one queen-size bed. Located on Cabin Deck, they also measure 118 square feet and include all the features and amenities of Category C staterooms.
- Junior Suites are found on the Promenade Deck. Larger in size at 150 square feet, these suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows, a queen-sized bed, a sofa, television, min-bar, and closet. Junior Suites also boast a slightly larger bathroom area, complete with a marble sink and gold fixtures throughout.
RIVER CLOUD II Public Areas
Starting up top, River Cloud II boasts an expansive, teak-lined Sun Deck. A great way to sunbathe or simply take in the passing scenery, the Sun Deck hosts teak deck chairs and tables in addition to an oversized chess set, two shuffleboard areas, and outdoor barbecues. The Navigation Bridge is also located here, and is generally open for passengers to visit.
One deck down, the Promenade Deck holds the ship’s public rooms. With its soft wood paneling and classic, old-world ambience, The Lounge is the ideal place to enjoy a drink and watch the incredible scenery of Europe drift by. Tea is served here every day, and The Lounge hosts a variety of presentations and performances. A small library is located here, along with an internet station for passenger use.
Located just aft of The Lounge is River Cloud II’s Foyer and Reception Area, which is staffed from 7:00am to midnight.
The Restaurant is situated at the stern of the ship. Open-seating, The Restaurant serves up Italian-influenced cuisine reflecting the overall Mediterranean look and feel of River Cloud II. Regional wines are included in your fare, and dinners are always a special event.
A small Boutiques shop and Hair Salon are located one deck down, on Cabin Deck.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Soft drinks, coffee, tea and water are available free of charge in The Lounge, open from 11am to 1am daily.
- Bicycles and helmets are complimentary, and arrangements for one can be made onboard through the Reception Desk.
- Suggested Gratuities are €12.00 per person, per day. The Euro (€) is also the onboard currency.