AVALON VISTA Ship Preview
AVALON VISTA Overview
Designed to raise the stakes in the highly-competitive river cruise market, Avalon Vista has been dubbed a “Suite Ship,” and as such, features two decks of suites with wall-to-wall panoramic windows that are capable of transforming into what the line calls an Open Air Balcony™.
Together with her sisters Avalon Panorama (2011) and the forthcoming Avalon Visionary (2012), Avalon Vista offers passengers greater comfort than ever before on some of Europe’s most stunning waterways.
AVALON VISTA Staterooms
There are six different categories of staterooms aboard Avalon Vista.
- Located on Indigo Deck, Category D and E staterooms start at 172 square feet, and feature two windows located near the ceiling of the stateroom. These staterooms also feature a full bathroom complete with a glass door enclosed shower, a writing desk, vanity, and of Avalon’s deluxe beds with premium mattress covers, Egyptian linens, European-style duvets, and a choice of firm or soft pillows.
- Categories A, B and P measure 200 square feet, and are located on the Sapphire and Royal decks. These “Panorama Suites” feature wall-to-wall windows that retract to create an open-air balcony capable of seating up to six fully-grown adults. The suites feature all the amenities of the above categories but with the addition of a coffee table and sitting area.
- At the top end of the scale are Avalon Vista’s 300-square foot Royal Suites. Located side-by-side on Royal Deck, these suites pull out all the stops, featuring all the amenities of the previous categories but with more space, larger sitting areas, and segmented bathrooms that feature separate toilets, showers, and vanity areas with dual sinks.
All guests have access to a welcome list of amenities, including nightly turn-down service, spacious three-door closets, flat-screen TV with movie channels, bathrobes and slippers, complimentary bottled water and L’Occitane toiletries.
AVALON VISTA Public Areas
While it may be tempting to never leave your stateroom, Avalon Vista offers a host of amenities designed to ensure your stay aboard is pleasurable.
Throughout the ship you’ll find wall-to-wall panoramic windows so that you never miss the passing scenery.
The ship is also fully equipped with Wi-Fi access and a dedicated internet center, as well as a fitness center, an outside viewing deck, the Sky Deck featuring a unique shade system and premium lounge chairs, and a whirlpool.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Avalon Vista’s interior is non-smoking.
- Headsets are available for guests on guided shore excursions.
- Room service, including continental breakfast, is available.
- Avalon Vista has a dedicated cruise director and onboard lecturers, as well as nightly entertainment.
Avalon Waterways - Europe Ships
Avalon Waterways - Asia
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|Avalon Myanmar (Irrawaddy River)|
|Avalon Siem Reap (Mekong River)|
Read other articles on River Cruise Advisor about Avalon Waterways.
Leave a Reply