AVALON ARTISTRY II Ship Preview
In 2013, Avalon Waterways will take delivery of another one of its highly-successful Suite Ships: the Avalon Artistry II.
Featuring two decks of suites with wall-to-wall panoramic windows that are capable of transforming into what the line calls an Open Air Balcony™, this 361-foot long vessel transports guests in 52 suites and 12 staterooms along some of the most impressive waterways in Europe in style.
When she launches next year, Avalon Artistry II will operate the line’s Romantic Rhine itineraries sailing from Amsterdam to Basel; or from Zurich to Amsterdam.
AVALON ARTISTRY II Staterooms
There are six different categories of staterooms aboard the new Avalon Artistry II.
- Located on Indigo Deck, Category D and E staterooms start at 172 square feet, and feature two half-height windows located near the ceiling of the stateroom. These staterooms also feature a full bathroom complete with a glass door enclosed shower, a writing desk, vanity, and of Avalon’s deluxe beds with premium mattress covers, Egyptian linens, European-style duvets, and a choice of firm or soft pillows.
- Categories A, B and P measure 200 square feet, and are located on the Sapphire and Royal decks. These “Panorama Suites” feature wall-to-wall windows that retract to create an open-air balcony capable of seating up to six fully-grown adults. The suites feature all the amenities of the above categories but with the addition of a coffee table and sitting area.
- Royal Suites measure 300 square feet and are located side-by-side on Royal Deck. These suites pull out all the stops, with all the amenities of the previous categories but with more space, larger sitting areas, and segmented bathrooms that feature separate toilets, showers, and vanity areas with dual sinks. Complimentary iPads are included for guest’ use in these suites, along with complimentary Wi-Fi.
All guests have access to a full-featured list of amenities, including nightly turn-down service, spacious three-door closets, flat-screen TV with movie channels, bathrobes and slippers, complimentary bottled water and L’Occitane toiletries.
AVALON ARTISTRY II Public Areas
Like her trendsetting sisters, it may be tempting to never leave your stateroom aboard Avalon Artistry II thanks to the soothingly modern décor and ample features found onboard.
The ship’s main restaurant offers up breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casually elegant, open-seating venue. Alternately, you can dine on regional specialties and lighter fare in the Panorama Bistro.
A rarity among many river cruise ships, Avalon Affinity II also offers continental breakfast and beverages delivered via room service.
The aptly-named Panorama Lounge is situated all the way forward, and makes for a great vantage point to enjoy the waterways of Europe in all weather conditions.
A fitness centre, Internet corner, hair salon, and aft-facing Club Lounge round out the mix of interior spaces.
The ship is also fully equipped with Wi-Fi access and a dedicated internet center, as well as a fitness center, an outside viewing deck, the Sky Deck featuring a unique shade system, premium lounge chairs, and a whirlpool.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Avalon Artistry II’s interior is non-smoking.
- Headsets are available for guests on guided shore excursions.
- Room service, including continental breakfast, is available.
Live Voyage Report – Avalon Creativity On The Seine
- Day 1: Cruising La Seine From Paris to Rouen Through Art & History On Avalon Waterways’ Creativity
- Day 2: Two Overnights In Paris On Avalon Creativity
- Day 3: Monet, Monet, Monet: Impressions Of An Impressionist’s Gardens In Giverny
- Day 4: Roses & Ruins In Rouen, And A Young Lady Martyred & Remembered
- Day 5: A Trip To The Landing Beaches & A Stunning Discovery At The American Cemetery
- Day 6: Conquering Richard The Lionheart’s Castle
- Day 7: Avalon Creativity Cruise Review: Seven Days On The Seine, Does Avalon Measure Up?
Avalon Waterways - Europe Ships
Avalon Waterways - Asia
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|Avalon Myanmar (Irrawaddy River)|
|Avalon Siem Reap (Mekong River)|
Read other articles on River Cruise Advisor about Avalon Waterways.