La Marguerite Ship Review
This ship no longer operates for AmaWaterways. See the company’s new ship, AmaDara.
Built in 2009,the stunning La Marguerite is 235 feet long and carries just 92 passengers along Southeast Asia’s beautiful Mekong River. Designed to honour the exotic region in which she sails, her passenger accommodation and public areas are decorated with local artifacts and regional Mekong elements. She boasts a style all her own; one that displays all the charm of the old world coupled with the modern amenities and gracious service today’s river cruisers have come to expect of AmaWaterways.
La Marguerite Staterooms
All staterooms aboard La Marguerite are outside and ninety percent of these feature private balconies. All staterooms have a sitting area, writing desk, shower with bathrobe and slippers, a hairdryer, mini-bar, and an in-stateroom television.
There are five stateroom categories aboard La Marguerite:
- Category C staterooms are located on Mekong Deck and measure 226 square feet. They feature a porthole window and include all the amenities listed above.
- Category A & B staterooms are located on Saigon and Tonle decks. Like Category C staterooms, they are also 226 square feet but feature a balcony and large fixed window – perfect for viewing the magnificent Mekong. They include all of the amenities listed above.
- Located on Sadec Deck are the six Junior Suites. At 290 square feet, these rooms have a balcony and large fixed window in addition to a king-sized bed and a bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower.
- Two Suites located all the way forward on Sadec Deck provide 452 square feet of living space that features a king-sized bed, a bathroom complete with whirlpool tub and separate shower, and a private balcony with two lounge chairs and a table.
As with many ships, these suites can sell out quickly, so it can pay to book well in advance.
La Marguerite Public Areas
To ensure your cruise along the Mekong is as relaxing as it is enjoyable, La Marguerite features a host of public rooms in which to pass the time. A full fitness centre compliments the sun deck and swimming pool high atop Sadec Deck, and a comfortable lounge and bar area are located just one deck below. A forward facing lounge and library can also be found on this deck.
Finally, a reception area and gift shop give way to the beautifully decorated Mekong Restaurant.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- There is no passenger elevator aboard La Marguerite, which has four public decks.
- American and Canadian citizens will require Visas for Cambodia and Vietnam for the itineraries operated by La Marguerite.
- AmaWaterways recommends brushing teeth and drinking only from bottled water, which is supplied complimentary by AmaWaterways. Water is purified onboard and is suitable for bathing, but may not be what North Americans are used to.
Help Us Help You
- Have you been on La Marguerite? If so please leave your comments below.
- Looking to cruise on La Marguerite? Let us know what you want to know in the comment field below, and we’ll get back to you with information.
River Cruise Advisor Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring La Marguerite.
[catlist id=’99’ numberposts=-1]
is one of Vietnam’s top attractions and with very good reason! The
name “Halong ” translates as ‘where the dragon descends into the sea’.
This is one of THE experiences of a lifetime! It is one of our wonderful
planet’s special places. The sensation as you sail out into Halong Bay
is truly uplifting! The sight of this immense bay of blue water
intermingled with over two thousand limestone islets will fill you with
wonder. Discovering the bay on an overnight cruise is THE best way to
experience the stupendous beauty of Halong Bay!
www.vietnamtravelplan.com lets you have unique holidays in the lap of Mother
Nature! Whether you look for a cultural escapade, family travel or any
other excursion, we meet your needs and tastes. Our motto is to serve
you fun and excitement on the way; hence, we constantly allow you to
explore all the possible destinations such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos
and Cross-Indochina. VietnamTravelPlan.com lets you have unique holidays
in the lap of Mother Nature! Whether you look for a cultural escapade,
family travel or any other excursion, we meet your needs and tastes. Our
motto is to serve you fun and excitement on the way; hence, we
constantly allow you to explore all the possible destinations such as
Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Cross-Indochina.
David @ MalaysiaAsia says
Wow, the insides is looking really excellent. On my bucket list for sure!
Dear Marulyn Long,
In Sai Gon, There are a lot of hotels, But You should stay Sofitel Plaza Sai Gon.
Because Ms. Lamarguerite Check in there,
We offer you $160 Net.
If you are not book Lamarguerite pls contact us for best price
Pls contact us:
marilyn long says
We will be on the La Marguerite August 29 2011,as we will be in Saigon for a few days before hand what hotel should we go to to be picked up and taken to the boat
Thanks for any information
If you book so late, Price will discount
We do fair price.
Mekong Stateroom: $4,498
Tonle Stateroom $4,998
Saigon Stateroom $5,498
Sadec Suite $ 6,098
Indochina Suite $7,098
Please contact us for fair price:
Ralph Grizzle says
Yes, dayle, prepare to enjoy. Not to worry. AMA takes good care of you. Bon voyage!
We are booked on the Margaurite for this December 19 with our two daughters (ages 21 and 15). Any advice/recommendations for the trip?
We still have cabin available on Feb and March. Pls contact us soon.
We do fair price.
Ralph Grizzle says
Michael, See It includes the itinerary and dates and prices. And yes, February or March is possible.
Michael Morton-Evans says
Where does the Marguerite start and stop and what places does it pass through? Is it possible to take a cruise February or March 2011? if so, with whom?
Ralph Grizzle says
Yes, La Marguerite goes into Cambodia.
Nile Cruises says
That looks a fabulous ship to cruise the Mekong. Do you have anything similar that goes down the Tonle Sap in Cambodia?
trish fox says
hi will be travelling with you in sept wondering what the dress code is for dinner
thanks Trish Fox
George Wissler says
Hi Ralph: Liked your article, pictures, etc. on the La Marguerite. I have a group of 26 that will be sailing on the La Maguerite next November. I know they have been working on improving the on board experience (taked to Kristen) but just wanted to see if you had any additional tips or info? I like the AMA product in Europe. Had a group of 42 on the AMALYRA last October.
Many thanks, George