La Marguerite Ship Review
This ship no longer operates for AmaWaterways. See the company’s new ship, AmaDara.
Built in 2009,the stunning La Marguerite is 235 feet long and carries just 92 passengers along Southeast Asia’s beautiful Mekong River. Designed to honour the exotic region in which she sails, her passenger accommodation and public areas are decorated with local artifacts and regional Mekong elements. She boasts a style all her own; one that displays all the charm of the old world coupled with the modern amenities and gracious service today’s river cruisers have come to expect of AmaWaterways.
La Marguerite Staterooms
All staterooms aboard La Marguerite are outside and ninety percent of these feature private balconies. All staterooms have a sitting area, writing desk, shower with bathrobe and slippers, a hairdryer, mini-bar, and an in-stateroom television.
There are five stateroom categories aboard La Marguerite:
- Category C staterooms are located on Mekong Deck and measure 226 square feet. They feature a porthole window and include all the amenities listed above.
- Category A & B staterooms are located on Saigon and Tonle decks. Like Category C staterooms, they are also 226 square feet but feature a balcony and large fixed window – perfect for viewing the magnificent Mekong. They include all of the amenities listed above.
- Located on Sadec Deck are the six Junior Suites. At 290 square feet, these rooms have a balcony and large fixed window in addition to a king-sized bed and a bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower.
- Two Suites located all the way forward on Sadec Deck provide 452 square feet of living space that features a king-sized bed, a bathroom complete with whirlpool tub and separate shower, and a private balcony with two lounge chairs and a table.
As with many ships, these suites can sell out quickly, so it can pay to book well in advance.
La Marguerite Public Areas
To ensure your cruise along the Mekong is as relaxing as it is enjoyable, La Marguerite features a host of public rooms in which to pass the time. A full fitness centre compliments the sun deck and swimming pool high atop Sadec Deck, and a comfortable lounge and bar area are located just one deck below. A forward facing lounge and library can also be found on this deck.
Finally, a reception area and gift shop give way to the beautifully decorated Mekong Restaurant.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- There is no passenger elevator aboard La Marguerite, which has four public decks.
- American and Canadian citizens will require Visas for Cambodia and Vietnam for the itineraries operated by La Marguerite.
- AmaWaterways recommends brushing teeth and drinking only from bottled water, which is supplied complimentary by AmaWaterways. Water is purified onboard and is suitable for bathing, but may not be what North Americans are used to.
Help Us Help You
- Have you been on La Marguerite? If so please leave your comments below.
- Looking to cruise on La Marguerite? Let us know what you want to know in the comment field below, and we’ll get back to you with information.
River Cruise Advisor Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring La Marguerite.
- Revisiting The Mekong After Eight Years
- AmaWaterways Charts a Course to Exotic River Cruises
- AmaWaterways Details 2015 Mekong Program
- AmaWaterways Adds AmaDara On The Mekong In 2015
- Live from the River Recap: The Mekong aboard AmaLotus
- Live from the River: Sa Dec, Cai Be and the AmaLotus
- Live from the River: Exploring Kampong Chhnang aboard AmaLotus
- Live From the River: Embarking AmaWaterways AmaLotus
- AmaWaterways Unveils 2014 Wine River Cruises
- Sailing Along the Mekong from Cambodia to Vietnam
- AmaWaterways Launches 2014 Brochure
- Avalon Enhances Jewish Heritage Theme Cruise
- Cruise 3Sixty River Cruise Roundup – AmaWaterways
- AmaWaterways Introduces New Years Knitting Cruise
- River Cruise of the Week: Vietnam & Cambodia with AmaWaterways
- American Queen Steamboat Company Buys Empress of the North
- Five Tips To Improve Your River Cruise
- AmaWaterways Expands Africa River Cruises in 2014
- AmaWaterways Serves Up More Innovations in 2013
- AmaWaterways offers Facebook Fans a Chance to Win
- AmaWaterways’ Christmas Time Cruises
- River Cruise Of the Week: Fall Colors aboard American Queen
- A Decade of AmaWaterways
- River Cruise Basics: Onboard Power
- A WAVE Award for AmaWaterways
- The Mekong, For Families
- My First Experience On A River
- River Cruise of the Week: AmaWaterways’ Vietnam & Cambodia
- AmaWaterways Scoops Up Two Gold Magellans
- AmaWaterways Releases 2012 River Cruise Brochure
- AMAWATERWAYS Announces Special Theme Voyages
- Staterooms: River Cruise Ships vs. Cruise Ships
- Pandaw River to launch fourth Mekong ship
- Viking River Cruises enters Mekong market
- More Poignant For Me Since Cruising The Mekong: NY Times Headline Today: Khmer Rouge Figure Is Found Guilty of War Crimes
- River Cruise Advisor Featured Videos: Mekong River Cruising
- Mekong Memory: Soup’s On!
- Mekong Memory: Tours & River Traffic, Sights You Won’t Believe
- On The Mekong: Appropriate For Kids? These Parents Think So
- Today’s Mekong Memory: Trying Fried Tarantula, Tastes Like Bacon, With Hair
- The Best Of Our Photos From Eight Days On The Mekong, A Fascinating Journey
- Eight Days On The Mekong: Photo Slideshow Of Our Ship, La Marguerite
- Aqua Expeditions to launch second luxe ship in Peruvian Amazon
- On The Mekong: Caviar And Champagne Replaced By Ox Carts And Chortles
- On The Mekong: A Day In Photos In Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- On The Mekong: Touring Tan Chau With Camera In Tow
- On The Mekong: Mid-Trip Report, The Message, Go Now
- On The Mekong: Low-Water Deviation
- On The Mekong: Lotus Pond In Xeo Quyt
- Market Mania On The Mekong
- Snake Wine & 3G
- On The Mekong: Cai Be, Put This Trip On Your ‘Bucket List’
- Floating Market On The Mekong
- On The Mekong: La Marguerite Sets Sail
- Mekong Adventure: On Board La Marguerite
- Making Our Way To Mytho
- Into the Mekong On La Marguerite
- Orchids, Jasmine And A Warm Welcome To Ho Chi Minh City
- Breakfast In Thai Air’s Royal Silk Lounge
- Better Than Business Class? Certainly, A Better Value
- For Those Who Want To Follow Along, Our Mekong River Cruise Itinerary
- The Nuts & Bolts Of A Mekong Cruise: Visa, Airlines and Insurance
- Making Our Way To The Mekong
- AMA WATERWAYS to launch second Mekong ship
- Sailing with AMAWATERWAYS on the Mekong