AmaBella Ship Review
The 161-passenger AmaBella was launched in May 2010. Her sister ship, AmaVerde, debuted in 2011. Both are 443 feet in length and have 81 staterooms, and are part of the continued evolution of the AmaWaterways product.
AmaBella features staterooms averaging 214 square feet and balconies, multiple dining venues including a restaurant that seats just 24 and has its own private chef, a library, and a swimming pool. The vessel also features AmaWaterways’ interactive Entertainment On-Demand system, offering complimentary high-speed Internet access, complimentary first-run movies, classic films, and music.
There are nine different categories of accommodation aboard AmaBella:
- The lowest stateroom category at 140 square feet is the Single Accommodation. This single stateroom – 101- is located all the way forward on Piano Deck and features a fixed window. A rarity in the industry, this unique solo accommodation includes all the amenities you might expect, including Entertainment-On-Demand, a bathroom with shower, a spacious wardrobe, and a writing area.
- Categories D and E are next up the accommodation ladder. They measure 170 square feet and are located on Piano Deck. They feature fixed windows and offer a sitting area, desk with Internet access and flat-screen TV, and a bathroom with shower.
- Category C is also 170 square feet, but is located on Cello deck. These staterooms feature all the amenities of the Category D and E staterooms, but with the addition of floor-to-ceiling windows that open to a French balcony.
- Categories BA and BB start off the line’s unique “Twin Balcony” concept. At 210 square feet, these staterooms located on Violin and Cello decks feature both a French Balcony in addition to a separate outside balcony, allowing guests to enjoy the fresh air no matter which arrangement they prefer.
- Categories AA and AB have the same features as Categories BA and BB, but are slightly larger at 235 square feet.
- Topping off the accommodation choices are AmaBella’s five Suites. Located on Violin Deck, these suites range in size from 255 to 350 square feet and feature a full bathroom with shower and tub, a flat-screen television, mini bar, spacious wardrobe, and a full size, separate balcony in addition to a complete French balcony.
As with many ships, these suites can sell out quickly, so it can pay to book well in advance.
AmaBella Public Areas
Leaving the comfort of your stateroom, AmaBella boasts a number of onboard amenities. She has two distinct restaurants which feature a Wine Room for private dining, and the intimate Chef’s table restaurant where guests can enjoy a specially-prepared tasting menu. There’s also an Observation Lounge featuring panoramic views of the passing scenery, a library, gift shop, dedicated reception area, a fitness room, and a massage and hair salon.
Out on deck, guest will find ample seating for relaxing and taking in the European countryside in addition to a heated pool, walking track, putting green, and a lower sun deck area.
To top it off, all AmaWaterways vessels have complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship, complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner and a fleet of bicycles onboard.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- An elevator is available for passenger use.
- The ship features a 24-hour specialty coffee and tea station.
Read other articles about the AmaBella.