Avalon Waterways has announced that its lineup of Active & Discovery cruises is growing by 19 percent in 2021 with more departures and a new itinerary.
In addition to offering these itineraries on the Danube, Rhine and Rhone Rivers, in 2021, Avalon is adding a new Active & Discovery in Holland & Belgium cruise to its robust offerings. On this 8-day vacation excursions include:
- Guided mountain bike tour of the outskirts of Ghent
- Hike through the Sonian Forest near Brussels
- Architectural bike tour through historic buildings and hypermodern skyscrapers in Rotterdam
- The Dutch countryside by bike, pedaling past polders, dikes, windmills and centuries-old villages, near Amsterdam
- Guided visit of a family-owned, Netherlands oyster farm that’s been active since 1906. While there, guests enjoy a taste of oysters and lobster
- Guided tour of Graffiti Street in Ghent and become a street artist yourself
- Belgian chocolate-making workshop
- Delft tile pottery workshop in a characteristic painter’s room in Rotterdam
- Guided walking tour through the winding cobblestones and canals of Middelburg
- Central Grote Markt tour – A destination lined with 16th-century guildhall houses in Antwerp
- Guided canal cruise through Amsterdam
Avalon Waterways has suspended global operations through August 31, 2020.