One of my favorite trips ever was a barge cruise that I hosted in the south of France in July of 2015. Well, in case you missed that trip, you may have another chance.
I’m considering another trip on the same barge on the same itinerary from Sete to Arles, September 1 – 7, 2017 (yes, it was good enough to repeat it).
Right now, I’m only gauging interest. If you have an inkling of an idea that you may want to join me, please take a moment to fill out the form below.
This is an all-inclusive trip. To clarify, this is not the type of vessel you may think about when you think about barges. The Anne-Marie is a boutique hotel barge, newly built by CroisiEurope to hosts guests in comfort.
You’ll have your own climate-controlled stateroom with a private bathroom. All beverages are included as is breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. The cheeses alone are to die for.
There are bicycles on board for cycling along the canal, and excursions, as well as transfers, are also included. This is a very nice travel experience in a beautiful region of France.
You’ll want to fly into Montpelier and depart from Marseille. Or you can add extra time to pre/post in either of these cities. I have a whole series of videos of what you can do in Sete and Marseille. Those, which I produced for Seabourn last year, are embedded below.
A word to solo travelers. Staterooms are designed for two and priced accordingly. There will be a yet-to-be-dertermined solo supplement.
To see what you missed on my 2015 barge trip (and can make up by going next time) see this post from my last trip: Barging In The South Of France: CroisiEurope’s Anne-Marie, Day 10, Our Trip Comes To An End, Wrapping Up
Here are a more details about the 2017 trip:
• It was one of the best travel experiences of my life – for 40 years of travel (I am 59).
• The barge is new and well-configured for groups
• While the staterooms are small, they are well-configured and appointed. The two of us had no problems on our last trip on this barge (the in-cabin bathrooms are modern).
• I’ll have a base price for the barge-only, and I will have an add-on for those who want to explore a few days before or after. I’m doing an add-on simply because I love this region so much and want to share it with you. Otherwise, I’d say, trip over, go home!
• Montpelier is the best airport for embarkation. Marseille is the best airport, post trip.
• All tours are included.
• Bicycles are on board.
• You’ll get to experience lots of French cheeses and French wines.
• This is an aspirational, once-in-a-lifetime trip!
Now what I need to move forward is commitment.
More than 50 of you responded. We need 24 to make this happen.
How much? The barge-only component, which includes everything but transfers and gratuities, will go for $3,500 per person, double occupancy. That’s $7,000 per cabin. Everything is included, except as mentioned, transfers and gratuities.
I am trying to negotiate transfers into our package. The challenge is that we may all be arriving at different times and on different days. For now, consider transfers are not included. If we get transfers, we scored a bonus.
So here’s where the rubber hits the road.
Will you make a 50 percent deposit by December 9, 2016? Your deposit is fully refundable until February 1, 2017, minus a 5 percent administration fee.
Full payment will be due by the end of March 1, 2017. More details to come.
I’m looking forward to traveling with readers of River Cruise Advisor.
If you have questions or comments or want me to call you, please let me know.
Thanks for your interest. This will be one (more) great trip on the Anne-Marie luxury hotel barge.
Leave a Reply