In the spring of 2018, Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel embark on their maiden voyages on April 9 and May 10, 2018, respectively. Just published are the European itineraries for the inaugural year of the two vessels, which will join Crystal Mozart, Crystal Bach and Crystal Mahler on the waterways through Germany, Austria, Hungary and Slovakia.
Notable among the itineraries are new seven-day voyages, at least two overnight stays on most sailings and visits to some of the region’s oldest and most fascinating riverside villages.
Crystal Debussy will sail picturesque routes along the Rhine and Moselle Rivers between Amsterdam and Basel, visiting some of Germany and Switzerland’s most picturesque locales.
- Tulips & Windmills, seven nights – Amsterdam (overnight), Rotterdam, Netherlands (overnight); Ghent, Antwerp, Belgium; Middelburg, and return to Amsterdam (overnight), Netherlands.
- Splendors of the Rhine, 10 days – Amsterdam, Netherlands (overnight); Cologne, Koblenz (overnight), Rudesheim, Speyer, Kehl, Breisach, Germany; and Basel, Switzerland (overnight).
- Legendary Rhine, seven days – Basel, Switzerland; Kehl, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Rudesheim (overnight), Koblenz (overnight), Cologne (overnight), Germany; Amsterdam (overnight), Netherlands.
Crystal Ravel will offer a varied selection of itineraries along the Rhine, Moselle, Main and Danube Rivers, embarking from Vienna, Budapest and Basel and calling in historic locales in Germany, as well as Austria, Hungary, Slovakia and Switzerland.
- Majestic Europe (Eastbound), 14 days – Basel (overnight), Kehl, Speyer, Koblenz, Rudesheim, Miltenberg, Wertheim, Wurzburg, Bamberg, Nuremberg, Deggendorf, Passau (overnight)– all in Germany; Melk, cruising the Wachau Valley, Krems and Vienna (overnight), Austria.
- Majestic Europe (Westbound), 14 days – Vienna (overnight), Dürnstein, cruising the Wachau Valley, Melk, Austria; Passau (overnight), Deggendorf, Regensburg, Nuremburg, Bamberg, Wurzburg, Miltenburg, Koblenz, Speyer, Kehl – all in Germany; and Basel (overnight), Switzerland.
- Danube Serenade (Southbound), seven days – Vienna (overnight), Krems, Linz, Melk, cruising the Wachau Valley, Austria; Bratislava, Slovakia; and Budapest (overnight), Hungary.
- Danube Serenade (Northbound), seven days – Budapest (overnight), Hungary; Bratislava, Slovakia; Melk, Linz, cruising the Wachau Valley, Krems, and Vienna (overnight), Austria.
The two luxury river yachts will bring Crystal’s fleet of Rhine Class river yachts total to four sleekly designed vessels, boasting the superlative standard of luxury for which the company is celebrated and amenities not found on any other river ships. Each river yacht will offer all-suite luxury accommodations, each with its own private balcony. Guests will enjoy ample space and options aboard the 135-meter river yachts (the maximum size permissible to transit the Main-Danube Canal).
A swimming pool with a glass roof allows for swimming and relaxation in any weather conditions, while luxurious amenities indoors surpass the comforts of home. All four Crystal river yachts will offer Crystal’s acclaimed butler service for every suite, plush king-sized beds that face toward the Panoramic Balcony-Windows, walk-in closets, dual vanity in the bathrooms in most categories, ETRO robes and slippers, wall-mounted flat-screen HD TVs, and Nespresso machines. Additional enticing features include Crystal’s highly-acclaimed cuisine in multiple, open-seating eateries: the elegant Waterside Restaurant, namesake Bistro cafés and the exclusive Vintage Room; the Palm Court; and a full-service spa and separate fitness center, equipped with modern machines and cardio equipment as well as free weights.