There’s good news for solo river cruisers this week: AmaWaterways is waiving its single supplements on a wide variety of river cruises in Europe and abroad.
Guests wishing to travel solo are typically required to pay a supplement known as a “Single Supplement.” Depending on the itinerary and stateroom category, these supplements can sometimes be as much as 100 percent of the per-person fare; the equivalent of paying for another person to share the same stateroom.
On select departure dates and itineraries, AmaWaterways is giving solo travelers the opportunity to avoid these fees this year. Single supplements are currently being waived on the following itineraries and departure dates:
- Blue Danube Discovery – November 11 and 18, 2014. Budapest to Nuremberg aboard AmaPrima.
- Magnificent Europe – July 28, 2014. Budapest to Amsterdam aboard AmaCerto.
- Enticing Douro – May 27, June 24, August 19, 2014. Roundtrip Porto aboard AmaVida.
- Vineyards of the Rhine and Mosel – November 7, 2014. Luxembourg to Amsterdam aboard AmaLyra.
- Provence & Spain – November 6, 27, 2014. Arles to Lyon or reverse aboard AmaDagio.
- Paris & Normandy – July 17, 31; August 21, 28; October 2, 9, 23, 30; November 6, 13, 20, 27, 2014. Roundtrip Paris aboard AmaLegro.
- Vietnam, Cambodia & the Riches of the Mekong – June 30, July 14, 28; August 11, 25; September 22, October 6, December 15, 2014. Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City or reverse aboard AmaLotus.
More information on AmaWaterways can be found by viewing our complete company and fleet overviews here on River Cruise Advisor.