Europe River Cruise Articles
On this page you will find links to articles on River Cruise Advisor about rivers in Europe.
Europe has more navigable rivers than any other region in the world — and arguably more diverse cultures along its river banks than any place else.
Cruising the entire length of the Rhine and Danube rivers alone — made possible thanks to the Main-Danube Canal — exposes travelers to ten countries in Eastern and Western Europe. Along the way are charming villages, storied capital cities, fairy tale castles, vineyards and more — all accessible from your floating hotel.
Europe’s major rivers include Eastern Europe’s Danube, and the Germanic rivers: Rhine, Main, Moselle, Neckar and Elbe. France’s Seine, Saone and Rhone rivers also are popular for river cruises and barging.
Though some cruises operate on Italy’s longest river, the Po is largely unnavigable because of low water levels and sediment.
Most Popular Rivers, Recommended For First-Time River Cruisers
- Danube River Articles – Region: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Romania, Serbia and Slovakia
- Rhine River Articles – Region: The Netherlands, France, Germany and Switzerland
- Seine River Articles – Region: France
For Experienced Cruisers Looking To Dig Deeper Into Europe
- Bordeaux River Cruises – Region: France
- Dordogne River Articles – Region: France
- Douro River Articles – Region: Portugal and Spain
- Elbe River Articles – Region: Germany and Czech Republic
- Main River Articles – Region: Germany
- Moselle River Articles – Region: France, Germany, and Luxembourg
- Po River Articles – Region: Italy
- Rhone River Articles – Region: France
- Saône River Articles – Region: France
Canal & Barge Cruises
- French Canal Barge Cruises – Region: France