Europe River Cruise Reviews
Danube River Photo © Aaron Saunders
So many rivers, so little time.
Europe has more navigable rivers than any other region in the world — and arguably more diverse cultures along its river banks than any place else.
Will the Danube be your choice? Even on the Danube, there are many operators and many itineraries. We’re here to help.
It can be confusing out there – which is why we’re here to help you make sense of it all.
To make matters more complicated, new ships are coming on-line at a break-neck pace. Just as your computer is obsolete before you leave the store, your river cruise brochure is likely out of date before you even open it. We strive to keep our Europe River Cruise Reviews up to date.
Which river will you cruise?
Europe’s major rivers include Eastern Europe’s Danube, and the Germanic rivers: Rhine, Main, Moselle, Neckar and Elbe. France’s Seine, Saone and Rhone rivers also are popular for river cruises and barging. So many choices.
Though some cruises operate on Italy’s longest river, the Po is largely unnavigable because of low water levels and sediment.
Which river cruise operator will you choose?
There are many – and more coming. Some of our favorites: A-ROSA, AmaWaterways, Avalon Waterways, CroisiEurope, Crystal River Cruises, Scenic, Tauck, Uniworld Boutique River Cruises and Viking River Cruises.
You do the research, but we’re here to help.
First, how do you want to river cruise in Europe? Are there specific rivers that you’d like to experience? Or maybe you know the countries you’d like to see? Perhaps you’ve heard of a few river cruise operators, and you’d like to read Europe river cruise reviews about them.
We relate our experiences on our river cruises, and we highlight a few themes in our Europe river cruise reviews.
We’re constantly updating our content, so we encourage you to subscribe to our newsletter. No bombarding you with emails – just information that you’ll want to make good decisions, coupled with timely news about the latest and greatest to hit the waterways of the world.
Now we need to give you full disclosure: We couldn’t afford to run this site and cruise as much as we do without funding. River Cruise Advisor receives sponsorship fees from most of the major river cruise operators. We receive no additional revenues for ads that you may click on this site, and no one tells us what to write — good or bad. Our experiences remain just that: our own experiences, presented with the journalistic integrity that has been hammered into us over the years. Our job is to provide a reader service.
It’s time to begin your quest! Start by zeroing in on a river, destination or a river cruise operator. We hope you’ll find our reviews helpful.
And More Reviews!
Europe River Cruise Reviews, Our Experiences
- AmaWaterways’ AmaLyra: Danube Christmas Markets
- Scenic Crystal: Christening
- Tauck’s Swiss Jewel: Budapest to Prague
- The Viking Longships Christening: March 2012 (Four Ships)
- The Viking Longships Christening: March 2013 (10 Ships)
- Viking Freya: Romantic Danube Christmas Markets
- Viking Odin: Romantic Danube Christmas Markets
- Barging in Burgundy on French Country Waterways
- Barging Through Alsace & Lorraine: A Recap Of Our Adventure (sister site Avid Cruiser)
- AmaLotus – Vietnam & Cambodia
- Anne-Marie Barge, Arles To Sete
- A-ROSA Silva, German Christmas Markets
- Avalon Creativity – Seine River
- AmaVida, Douro River
- CroisiEurope Botticelli, Seine River
- CroisiEurope, Loire Princesse
- Emerald Star – Budapest to Nuremberg
- S.S. Catherine Christening
- S.S. Maria Theresa – Danube
- Tauck ms Savor – Danube Reflections
- Viking Baldur – Rhine Christmas
- Viking Baldur Danube Christmas Markets
- Viking Forseti – Bordeaux
- Viking Longships Christening 2014