VIKING LEGEND Ship Review
Built in 2009, Viking Legend takes guests along the magical Danube between Budapest to Nuremburg and Passau.
Carrying 189 guests, she is powered by environmentally friendly hybrid diesel electric engines that produce fewer emissions and less vibration than other river vessels. With modern décor and amenities like complimentary ship-wide Wi-Fi access, Viking River Cruises‘ Viking Legend is a good choice for those wishing to see the Old World without leaving the new world behind.
VIKING LEGEND Staterooms
There are a total of 98 staterooms aboard Viking Legend, many of which boast French balconies. All staterooms are between 134 and 310 square feet.
There are seven stateroom categories aboard Viking Legend:
- Category CS staterooms are designed to accommodate the solo traveler. Located on Upper, Middle and Main decks, these 134-square foot staterooms all feature French balconies with the exception of stateroom 122 on Main Deck, which features a picture window that cannot open. Being designed for one person, these rooms have a bed that folds up into a sofa during the daytime. Other amenities include a private bathroom with enclosed shower, air conditioning, a roomy wardrobe, and a 26” flat-panel television.
- Category D & E staterooms are located on Main Deck and measure 155 square feet. They have a half-height picture window that cannot be opened, and can sleep two people on their deluxe hotel-style beds. They feature all of the amenities of the Category CS staterooms but with additional living space.
- Category A, B and C staterooms are also 155 square feet, but feature French-style balconies with sliding glass doors. They are located on Upper and Middle decks and are equipped with the same amenities found in the Category D and E staterooms.
- Suites are at the top of the accommodation chain aboard Viking Legend. Located on Upper Deck, these are 310 square feet and feature a separate entryway with wardrobe in addition to a separated living room, bedroom and bathroom with full tub and shower. The living room features a sitting area with a sofabed, and French balconies are present in both the bedroom and living room. There are only two of these suites aboard, so it is best to book early to avoid disappointment.
VIKING LEGEND Public Areas
The first thing passengers embarking are likely to see is Viking Legend’s two-story reception lobby. Spacious and airy, the atrium provides direct access to the ship’s restaurant, observation lounge and staterooms. A 24-hour coffee station is also located here.
Decorated in shades of blue and woods, the Restaurant features open-seating dining for breakfast, dinner and lunch. An extensive breakfast buffet is also available, and passengers dine on fine china placed atop high-quality linens.
The forward-facing Observation Lounge is located on Upper Deck and provides fantastic vistas of the breathtaking Danube. A bar area with bar stools serves up drinks, while a dance floor and stereo system ensures guests can enjoy this space well into the evening. A screen and projector are also available for guest lecturers and onboard staff.
On Viking Legend’s topmost deck is a Sun Deck with ample seating – the perfect way to enjoy a beautiful day sailing through Europe’s greatest waterways.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- There is no passenger elevator aboard the Viking Legend.
Read more about Viking Legend.
Viking LongShips Reviews
|Ship||Type||Live Voyage Report|
|Viking Aegir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Alsvin||Viking Longship|
|Viking Atla||Viking Longship|
|Viking Baldur||Viking Longship|
|Viking Bragi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Buri||Viking Longship|
|Viking Delling||Viking Longship|
|Viking Eir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Embla||Viking Longship|
|Viking Forseti||Viking Longship|
|Viking Freya||Viking Longship|
|Viking Gefjon||Viking Longship|
|Viking Gullveig||Viking Longship|
|Viking Heimdal||Viking Longship|
|Viking Hlin||Viking Longship|
|Viking Idi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Idun||Viking Longship|
|Viking Ingvi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Jarl||Viking Longship|
|Viking Kara||Viking Longship|
|Viking Kvasir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Lif||Viking Longship|
|Viking Lofn||Viking Longship|
|Viking Magni||Viking Longship|
|Viking Mani||Viking Longship|
|Viking Mimir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Modi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Njord||Viking Longship|
|Viking Odin||Viking Longship|
|Viking Rinda||Viking Longship|
|Viking Skadi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Skirnir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Tor||Viking Longship|
|Viking Var||Viking Longship|
|Viking Ve||Viking Longship|
|Viking Vidar||Viking Longship|
|Viking Vili||Viking Longship|
|Viking Hemming||Viking Douro Ship|
|Viking Torgil||Viking Douro Ship|
|Viking Osfrid||Viking Douro Ship|
|Viking Astrild||Viking Elbe Ship|
|Viking Beyla||Viking Elbe Ship|
|Viking Fontane||Viking Elbe Ship|
|Viking Schumann||Viking Elbe Ship|
|Viking Legend||Viking Prestige Ship|
|Viking Prestige||Viking Prestige Ship|
|Viking Akun||Russia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Ingvar||Russia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Truvor||Russia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Emerald||Asia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Mandalay||Asia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Mekong||Asia River Cruise Ship|
|ms Mayfair||Egypt River Cruise Ship|
|ms Omar El Khayam||Egypt River Cruise Ship|
Leave a Reply