ss CATHERINE Ship Review
ss CATHERINE Overview
The ss Catherine was added to the Uniworld Boutique Collection in 2014. The ship is 443 feet long and 37.5 feet wide and carries up to 159 guests and 57 crew members. Staterooms range in size from 162 square feet up to 410 square feet.
Staying true to Uniworld’s standards for elegance and beauty, the ship features exquisite decor. An extensive art collection, including hand-blown glass pieces, are featured on the the ss Catherine.
Another nicely-added feature is that all staterooms have a balcony, regardless of the category. While the standard staterooms have an open-air balcony, other stateroom categories offer either a french or full-balcony.
ss CATHERINE Staterooms
There are 8 different stateroom categories aboard the ss Catherine. Categories are further differentiated by their relative positions on the ship and their square footage:
Saint Remy Deck (Deck 1)
There are 13 staterooms on this deck and all are located Midship.
- Category 5 Single – There is only 1 stateroom available located Midship. This category features a fixed riverview window. Stateroom size is 120 square feet.
- Category 5 is a Standard Stateroom. There are 4 staterooms available located Midship. This category features a fixed riverview window. Stateroom size is 162 square feet.
- Category 4 is a Standard Stateroom. There are 8 staterooms available located Midship. This category features a fixed riverview window. Stateroom size is 162 square feet.
Avignon Deck (Deck 2)
There are 2 stateroom categories on this deck located Midship to Aft.
- Category 3 is a Deluxe Stateroom. There are 7 cabins available located Midship and Aft on opposite ends of the ship – 3 are located Aft and 4 are located Midship. This category features a French balcony. Stateroom size is 194 square feet.
- Category 2 is a Deluxe Stateroom. There are 29 cabins available located Midship and Aft. This category features a French balcony. Stateroom size is 194 square feet.
Camargue Deck (Deck 3)
There are 4 stateroom categories on the Camargue Deck.
- Category 2 is a Deluxe Stateroom. There are 2 cabins available located Midship. This category features a French balcony. Stateroom size is 194 square feet.
- Category 1 is a Deluxe Stateroom. There are 23 cabins available located Midship and Aft. This category features an open-air balcony. Stateroom size is 194 square feet.
- Suite – There are 5 suite staterooms available located Midship to Forward. This category features an open-air balcony. Stateroom size is 305 square feet.
- Royal Suite – There is only 1 full suite (#401) available. It is located Midship to Forward. This category features an open-air balcony. Stateroom size is 410 square feet.
Marble bathrooms feature L’Occitane en Provence and Hermés bath and body products, plush towels, special towel warmers, backlit magnifying mirror, heated mirrors, cozy bathrobes and slippers.
All suites are uniquely decorated and have additional amenities and services, including: in-suite butler service; packing and unpacking assistance; in-room breakfast; daily fruit and cookie plate, and an elegant evening snack; Nespresso coffee machine and fine teas; fully stocked minibar; bottle of wine upon arrival; shoeshine; free laundry service; and a special dinner in Bar du Leopard.
As an added bonus, guests booking suite accommodations receive free laundry service and a daily newspaper, along with slippers, an in-room coffee machine, a bottle of wine upon embarkation, a fruit and cookie plate, morning coffee and shoe shine.
The Royal Suite offers extra benefits, including: a spacious living room, bathroom with a rain shower and tub and secluded toilet and bidet area.
ss CATHERINE Public Areas
The ss Catherine offers several public areas; however, there is only one restaurant aboard the ship. And for those who like to socialize in a bar or lounge, there are two located on the ship.
On Deck 1 guests will find a Fitness Center, Boutique and a 24-hour coffee station. All are located Forward on the ship.
The Serenity River Spa is located toward the back of the ship on Deck 2. Also, on this deck – the Reception Area and Cézanne Restaurant, which are located toward the front of the ship.
On Deck 3 guests can socialize in either the Bar du Leopard (Aft) or the Van Gogh Lounge (Forward). The Matisse Terrace, a heated swimming pool and a 24-hour coffee station can also found on this deck.
Itineraries & Pricing
- 8-day Rhone and Saone (“Burgundy & Provence”), Avignon to Lyon, from $3,299, balconies from $4,394, Mar-Nov
- 15-day Seine, Saone and Rhone (“Grand France”), Paris to Avignon, from $7,499, balconies from $9,794, Mar-Oct
- 22-day Seine, Garonne, Saone and Dordogne (“Ultimate France”), Paris to Avignon, from $10,999, balconies from $15,094, Mar-Oct
Live Voyage Report From ss Catherine
Learn more about Uniworld’s S.S. Catherine and my four all-too-brief nights aboard at the posts below.
- Christening ss Catherine. On Thursday, the famed French actress Catherine Deneuve christened the new vessel in Lyon, France, and then she did something that stunned many. Read Christening ss Catherine.
- Day 2 On Uniworld’s ss Catherine: Ship Of Elegance. From its $2-plus million art collection to its sumptuous suites and white-gloved butlers, S.S. Catherine is an elegant vessel. Read all about her in Uniworld’s ss Catherine: Ship Of Elegance
- Day 3 On Uniworld’s ss Catherine: Public Room Tour & The Royal Suite. Tour the 410-square-foot Owner’s Suite, the Cézanne Restaurant, Fitness Center, Van Gogh Lounge — and what was arguably the most popular venue on the new vessel, Bar du Leopard. Read ss Catherine: Public Room Tour & The Royal Suite
River Cruisers Should Know!
- ss Catherine resembles a boutique, European hotel.
- All staterooms and suites have a river view.
- An elevator for passenger use is available.
- Wireless internet service is available in hot spots throughout the ship.
- Airport transfer fees, port charges and gratuities are included on all Uniworld Cruises.
- Onboard stateroom power is 220 volts; North American cruisers will require a power adapter.
Read other articles about the ss Catherine articles.