QUEEN ISABEL Ship Review
QUEEN ISABEL Overview
The Queen Isabel was launched in 2013 replacing the Douro Spirit. It is actually fully chartered from Douro Azul along with many other river cruise vessels that operate on the Douro River.
Carrying up to 118 guests and 33 crew members, the Queen Isabel is similar in size to other vessels that cruise this waterway in Portugal and Spain. It is 260 feet long and 37 feet wide and features 39 standard and deluxe staterooms and 20 suite staterooms.
QUEEN ISABEL Staterooms
There are 5 different stateroom categories aboard the Queen Isabel. Categories are further differentiated by their relative position on the ship and their square footage:
Lower Deck (Deck 1)
There are 16 staterooms on this deck and all are located basically Midship.
- Category 3 is a Standard Stateroom. There are 4 staterooms available located Aft to Midship. This category features a large picture window that does not open. Stateroom size is 161 square feet.
- Category 2 is a Standard Stateroom. There are 12 staterooms available located Midship. This category features a large picture window that does not open. Stateroom size is 161 square feet.
Main Deck (Deck 2)
There is only one stateroom category available on Deck 2. It’s the same size and features the same amenities as categories 2 and 3 on Deck 1 with the exception of a balcony.
- Category 1 is a Deluxe Stateroom. There are 23 cabins available located Midship to Aft. This category features a French balcony. Stateroom size is 161 square feet.
Upper Deck (Deck 3)
Only suites are available on Deck 3. This is also the only deck that has staterooms across the entire deck from Aft to Forward. There are 20 suites on the Queen Isabel.
- Junior Suite – There are 18 junior suites available located Midship to Aft. This category features a full balcony. Stateroom size is 215 square feet.
- Suite – There are only 2 full suites available. Both are located at the back of the ship.Midship. This category features a full balcony. Stateroom size is 323 square feet.
Beautifully appointed riverview staterooms and suites have hotel beds draped in fine lines with choice of pillows. Stateroom and suite amenities include: built-in closets, hair dryer, safe, individual climate-control thermostat, flatscreen TV, radio, alarm clock and iPhone/ iPod charger and player (suites only).
Bathrooms include: L’Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, a choice of light summer bathrobe or warm cozy bathrobe and slippers. Suites include: A Nespresso coffee machine, teas and daily fruit plate.
Note: While the Queen Isabel is the best ship on the Duoro River, she may not have all the same amenities as a Uniworld company-owned ship.
Queen Isabel Public Areas
Located on the first deck, guests can enjoy a workout in the fitness center and some relaxation in the Serenity River Spa.
There is only one restaurant available on Queen Isabel; however, there is an outside dining area for those who prefer dining amid the fresh air. The dining room and a coffee and tea station are located on the Main Deck, which is Deck 2.
On Deck 3, the Upper Deck, guests can mingle in the Main Lounge and outside bar. This deck is also where the Reception Area is located.
Queen Isabel’s swimming pool is located on the ship’s top deck along with the Sun Deck and Bridge.
Itineraries & Pricing
- 13-day Duoro (“Jewels of Spain, Portugal & the Douro River”), Lisbon to Madrid, from $5,599, balconies from $6,624, Apr-Oct
- 12-day Duoro (“Portugal, Spain & the Douro River Valley”), Lisbon to Porto, from $3,849, balconies from $4,874, Mar-Nov
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Queen Isabel resembles a boutique, European hotel.
- All staterooms and suites have a river view.
- An elevator for passenger use is available.
- Wireless internet service is available in hot spots throughout the ship.
- Guests in suites aboard Queen Isabel receive free laundry service and a shoe shine.
- Airport transfer fees, port charges and gratuities are included on all Uniworld Cruises.
- Onboard stateroom power is 220 volts; North American cruisers will require a power adapter.
Read other articles about the Queen Isabel articles.
Linda GEETS says
Would like to receive a brochure of all cruises & destinations you offer.