MS JOY Ship Review
MS JOY Overview
The ms Joy is scheduled to set sail on the Danube River in 2016. That same year the ms Grace will also be launched on the Rhine River. With the addition of these two ships, the Inspiration Class will have a total of four vessels, including the ms Inspire and the ms Savor.
The 443-foot ms Joy will carry up to 130 guests and 39 crew members. It will have more Suite staterooms than most other ships in the industry. The Diamond Deck will have 22 Suites that measure 300 square feet, which is one of the reasons there are fewer staterooms on the ms Joy compared to other ships its size.
Guests will find many of the same amenities on the ms Grace that are also on other Tauck ships, such as a Fitness Center, Massage Room, Putting Green and Jacuzzi.
MS JOY Staterooms
There are 7 different stateroom categories on the ms Joy that are further differentiated by their relative positions on the ship and their square footage:
Emerald Deck (Deck 1)
On this deck there are no balcony staterooms. There are 2 stateroom categories. One features two separate windows, and the other has a large single window.
- Category 1 is a Standard Riverview Stateroom. There are 6 staterooms available located Midship. There are two windows that measure 2 feet x 3 feet. The windows do not open. Staterooms are 150 square feet.
- Category 3 is a Junior Suite Riverview Stateroom. There are 8 staterooms available located Midship. This category features a very large picture window (98″ x 114″) that spans one-and-one-half decks. partially opens at the top. There is a loft sitting area. Stateroom size is 225 square feet.
Ruby Deck (Deck 2)
There are more cabins on this deck than any other deck. The Ruby Deck has 4 stateroom categories and 49 cabins.
- Category 2 is a Standard Balcony Stateroom. There are 3 cabins available located Aft and Midship. Stateroom size is 150 square feet.
- Category 4 is a Standard Stateroom with a Balcony. There are 22 cabins available located Forward. Stateroom size is 190 square feet. This category has the most staterooms along with Category 7.
- Category 5 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 8 staterooms available located Midship. Stateroom size is 225 square feet.
- Category 6 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 16 staterooms available located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 225 square feet.
Diamond Deck (Deck 3)
There are 24 cabins located on this deck in 2 different categories.
- Category 5 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 2 cabins available located Forward. Stateroom size on this deck is 192 square feet rather than 225 square feet (Ruby Deck).
- Category 7 is a Suite with a Balcony. There are 22 cabins located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 300 square feet. This category has the largest number of staterooms along with Category 4.
More 80 percent of the staterooms on the ms Joy have a balcony, which includes all cabins on the Ruby and Diamond Decks. However, the 14 staterooms on the first deck have at least one window.
Luxurious bedding is featured in all stateroom categories. Beds are draped with 400-count fine linens and topped with hypo-allergenic down-filled pillows made from mako cotton.
Marble-designed bathrooms are equipped with Tauck’s premium-quality Molton Brown toiletries. And all guests receive a terry-cloth bathrobe and slippers.
Additionally, all cabins have a mini-fridge stocked daily with water and soft drinks, a 32″ LED TV, two chairs, a desk, a safe and individual climate control.
Category 7 Suites includes a few extra features, such as a bathroom with a separate showere and bathtub, breakfast room service, 2 french balconies, a couch, two chairs, a coffee table and a walk-in closet.
MS JOY Public Areas
Some of the public areas on the ms Joy include the Panorama Lounge & Bar on the Diamond Deck and the Putting Green and Jacuzzi on the Sun Deck.
There are a couple of different dining areas from the main Dining Room on the Ruby Deck to grabbing a bite to eat Al fresco style on the Sun Deck. And in between the two already mentioned, the Diamond Deck also has a large Casual Dining area.
A Fitness Center, Spa & Massage Room and a Hair Salon are located on the Emerald Deck.
For guests who like to shop onboard, there is Boutique on the Diamond Deck. And for those who need assistance or information, the Reception Desk is also located on this Deck.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Intimate 130-guest ship provides a highly personalized experience
- Fare includes airport transfers. port charges, gratuities and unlimited beverages (coffee, tea, soft drinks, beer, wine & spirits).
- All staterooms have a river view.
- An elevator is available for passenger use.
- Free WiFi is available onboard throughout the ship.
- All staterooms aboard ms Joy are fitted with 220 volt and 110 volt outlets in the cabin and bathroom.
Read all of our articles on ms Joy.
Tauck Ship Reviews
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|New Rhone Ship|
|New Seine Ship|
|ms Swiss Jewel|
|ms Swiss Sapphire|