MS INSPIRE Ship Review
MS INSPIRE Overview
The ms Inspire was launched in 2014. The vessel is 443 feet long and is a member of Tauck’s Inspiration Class ships. It carries up to 130 guests and 39 crew members. Although, it’s the same size as many other European river boats, it transports fewer passengers. One reason may be because the ship has more suites available than most other river ships in Europe. The ms Inspire has 22 full-size suites.
Although, Tauck treats its guests to 5-star experiences, the atmosphere is actually quite relaxed. For instance, dining times are flexible and seating is open.
In addition to providing premium-quality accommodations, Tauck also prides itself in providing its guests with one-of-a-kind, culturally-rich private tours. The ms Inspire has a Cruise Director as well as three Assistant Cruise Directors who handle activities onboard and on land.
Some of the amenities onboard include a Fitness Center, Massage Room and Hair Salon, Putting Green and Jacuzzi.
Check our Ralph Grizzle’s live voyage report from sister ship ms Savor in April 2015.
MS INSPIRE Staterooms
The ms Grace has 7 different stateroom categories that are further differentiated by their relative positions on the ship and their square footage and range in size from 150 square feet to 300 square feet:
Emerald Deck (Deck 1)
There are 2 stateroom categories and 14 staterooms available on this deck. Both feature one or two windows rather than a balcony.
- Category 1 is a Standard Riverview Stateroom. There are 6 staterooms available located Midship. This category features two windows that does not open. The windows are 2 feet x 3 feet in size. Staterooms are 150 square feet.
- Category 3 is a Junior Suite Riverview Stateroom (Loft Suite) and is one of the largest on the ship. The 8 available staterooms are located Midship. This category has one very large picture window (98″ x 114″) rather than two smaller windows. The window opens partially on the top and spans one-and-one-half decks. This category also features a loft sitting area. Stateroom size is 225 square feet. See Ralph Grizzle’s My Loft Stateroom In Video.
Ruby Deck (Deck 2)
There are 4 stateroom categories and 49 cabins on this deck. It features the largest variety of stateroom categories as well as the most staterooms on the ms Inspire.
- Category 2 is a Standard Balcony Stateroom. There are 3 cabins available located Aft and Midship. Stateroom size is 150 square feet.
- Category 4 is a Standard Stateroom with a Balcony. There are 22 cabins available located Forward. Stateroom size is 190 square feet.
- Category 5 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 8 staterooms available located Midship. Stateroom size is 225 square feet. This is the largest size for this category in which a smaller version is available on Deck 3.
- Category 6 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 16 staterooms available located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 225 square feet.
Diamond Deck (Deck 3)
There are 24 cabins located on this deck in 2 different categories.
- Category 5 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony but a smaller version than the same category on Deck 2. There are 2 cabins available located Forward. Stateroom size is 225 square feet.
- Category 7 is a Suite with a Balcony. There are 22 cabins located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 300 square feet. This category along with Category 4 features the largest number of staterooms.
All cabins aboard the ms Inspire feature luxurious 400-thread count fine linen bedding with hypoallergenic down-filled pillows made of mako cotton. A few additional luxury stateroom features, include Tauck’s exclusive Molton Brown premium-quality toiletries, plus terry-cloth bathrobes and slippers.
Bathrooms for all staterooms have elegantly-designed marble baths with showers, and Category 7 Suites feature separate showers and bathtubs.
Additionally, all cabins have mini-fridges stocked daily with water and soft drinks, 32-inch LED TVs, two chairs, desks, safes and individual climate controls.
Category 7 Suites are considerably larger than most other staterooms and include a few extra features, such as breakfast room service, 2 french balconies, couches, two chairs, coffee tables and walk-in closets.
MS INSPIRE Public Areas
Guests can mingle onboard the ms Inspire in the large Panorama Lounge & Bar on Deck 3, enjoy some friendly competition on the Putting Green on Deck 4 or spend time with friends in the Jacuzzi.
There are 3 dining options available to guests. The main Dining Room is located on Deck 2 and provides a more formal dinner setting. There is a also a Casual Dining area located on Deck 3, and Al fresco Dining is available on Deck 4.
For guests who like to try to maintain a fitness regimen while traveling, a Fitness Center is located on Deck 1.
A few other public areas include a Spa & Massage Room and Hair Salon on Deck 1, Boutique on Deck 3 and a Putting Green and Jacuzzi on Deck 4.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Intimate 130-guest ship provides a highly personalized experience
- Fare includes airport transfers. port charges, gratuities and unlimited beverages (coffee, tea, soft drinks, beer, wine & spirits).
- All staterooms have a river view.
- An elevator is available for passenger use.
- Free WiFi is available onboard throughout the ship.
- All staterooms aboard ms Inspire are fitted with 220 volt and 110 volt outlets in the cabin and bathroom.
Read all of our articles on ms Inspire.
Tauck Ship Reviews
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|New Rhone Ship|
|New Seine Ship|
|ms Swiss Jewel|
|ms Swiss Sapphire|
Leave a Reply