MS GRACE Ship Review
MS GRACE Overview
One of Tauck’s newest Inspiration Class ships, ms Grace, will make its debut on the Rhine River in 2016. The 443-foot vessel carries up to 130 guests and 39 crew members. Although, it transports fewer passengers than most other European vessels, this ship features an incredible 22 full-size suites.
Guests will find many of the same amenities on the ms Grace that are also on other Tauck ships, such as a Fitness Center, Massage Room, Putting Green and Jacuzzi.
Flexible dining times and open seating are available as well as al fresco dining on the Sun Deck when weather allows.
You’ll find a Cruise Director as well as three Tauck Assistant Directors onboard who are there to answer questions as well as to arrange shore excursions that are culturally-rich, private tours that are often exclusive to Tauck guests.
MS GRACE Staterooms
The ms Grace has 7 different stateroom categories that are further differentiated by their relative positions on the ship and their square footage:
Emerald Deck Deck (Deck 1)
There are 2 stateroom categories and 14 staterooms available on this deck. Both feature one or two windows rather than a balcony.
- Category 1 is a Standard Riverview Stateroom. There are 6 staterooms available located Midship. This category features two windows that does not open. The windows are 2 feet x 3 feet in size. Staterooms are 150 square feet.
- Category 3 is a Junior Suite Riverview Stateroom. There are 8 staterooms available located Midship. This category features a very large picture window (98″ x 114″) that spans one-and-one-half decks. partially opens at the top. There is a loft sitting area. Stateroom size is 225 square feet.
Ruby Deck (Deck 2)
There are 4 stateroom categories and 49 cabins on this deck.
- Category 2 is a Standard Balcony Stateroom. There are 3 cabins available located Aft and Midship. Stateroom size is 150 square feet.
- Category 4 is a Standard Stateroom with a Balcony. There are 22 cabins available located Forward. Stateroom size is 190 square feet.
- Category 5 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 8 staterooms available located Midship. Stateroom size is 225 square feet.
- Category 6 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 16 staterooms available located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 225 square feet.
Diamond Deck (Deck 3)
There are 24 cabins located on this deck in 2 different categories.
- Category 5 is a Junior Suite with a Balcony. There are 2 cabins available located Forward. Stateroom size on this deck is 192 square feet rather than 225 square feet (Ruby Deck).
- Category 7 is a Suite with a Balcony. There are 22 cabins located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 300 square feet.
There are 3 stateroom categories and 4 suite categores aboard ms Grace. All cabins feature 400-thread count fine linen bedding with hypoallergenic down-filled pillows made of mako cotton.
Bathrooms for all staterooms have an elegantly-designed marble bath with shower, and Category 7 Suites feature a separate shower and bathtub.
A few other additional luxury features on the ms Grace, include Tauck’s exclusive Molton Brown premium-quality toiletries, plus a terry-cloth bathrobe and slippers.
Additionally, all cabins have a mini-fridge stocked daily with water and soft drinks, a 32″ LED TV, two chairs, a desk, a safe and individual climate control.
Category 7 Suites includes a few extra features, such as breakfast room service, 2 french balconies, a couch, two chairs, a coffee table and a walk-in closet.
MS GRACE Public Areas
There are several areas aboard the ms Grace where guests can mingle. The Panorama Lounge & Bar is a large gathering area that is located on Deck 3 toward the bow of the ship.
Dining options include open seating as well as flexible dining times. The main Dining Room is located on Deck 2, and a Casual Dining area is located on Deck 3. Guests can also enjoy Al fresco Dining on the Sun Deck.
For guests who are fitness-minded, the ms Grace has a Fitness Center on the first deck as well as a Spa & Massage Room nearby.
A few other public areas include a Boutique on Deck 3 and a Putting Green and Jacuzzi on Deck 4.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Intimate 130-guest ship provides a highly personalized experience
- Fare includes airport transfers. port charges, gratuities and unlimited beverages (coffee, tea, soft drinks, beer, wine & spirits).
- All staterooms have a river view.
- An elevator is available for passenger use.
- Free WiFi is available onboard throughout the ship.
- All staterooms aboard ms Grace are fitted with 220 volt and 110 volt outlets in the cabin and bathroom.
Read all of our articles on ms Grace.
Tauck Ship Reviews
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|New Rhone Ship|
|New Seine Ship|
|ms Swiss Jewel|
|ms Swiss Sapphire|