SCENIC TSAR Review
The Scenic Tsar was reconstructed and renovated in 2012. Because of the extensive renovation, it was actually launched and registered as a new ship in 2013.
The 223-foot vessel is the smallest in Scenic’s fleet, only carrying 112 passengers and 71 crew members.
The layout of the Scenic Tsar is quite different from other Scenic ships. Only one dining venue is featured onboard, and it’s located on Deck 1. There are, however, two panoramic lounges. One is located on Deck 1, and the other lounge is on Deck 2.
Unlike many river cruise ships, Scenic Tsar offers full-length private balconies in place of more traditional French balcony staterooms. And 93 percent of its cabins have private balconies.
SCENIC Tsar Staterooms
There are 8 different stateroom categories aboard the Scenic Tsar. Categories are further differentiated by their relative positions on the ship and their square footage:
Moskva Deck (Deck 1)
- Category E is a Standard Stateroom. There are 4 staterooms available located Forward on the ship. This category feature a large picture window that does not open. Stateroom size is 160 square feet.
Volga Deck ( Deck 2)
- Category B is a Balcony Suite. There are 10 suites available located Forward. Stateroom size is 215 square feet.
- Category BB is a Balcony Suite. There are 14 suites available located Aft to Midship. Stateroom size is 215 square feet.
- Category BA is a Balcony Suite. There are 10 suites available located Aft. Stateroom size is 215 square feet.
- Category RS is a Royal Panoama Suite. There are 2 suites (#200 and #203) available located Forward on the ship. Stateroom size is 334 square feet.
Neva Deck ( Deck 3)
- Category PA is a Balcony Suite. There are 6 suites available located Aft. Stateroom size is 215 square feet.
- Category P is a Balcony Suite. There are 6 suites available located Midship. Stateroom size is 215 square feet.
- Category R is a Royal Suite. There are 4 suites available (#302 to #304) located Forward. Stateroom size is 300 square feet.
All staterooms feature flat-panel televisions, safes, wireless internet access, complimentary minibars, L’Occitane bath amenities, hairdryers, plush bathrobes, and Scenic’s own “Scenic Slumber Beds,” featuring crisp Egyptian linens.
Cabins located on the Volga and Neva decks have full-length private balconies.
SCENIC Tsar Public Areas
Aboard the Scenic Tsar, there are some comfortable public areas available for passengers to relax and mingle in. There are just fewer options compared to the Scenic “Space Ships.”
The Panorama Lounge and Bar is located on Deck 1, the Moskva Deck. And on Deck 3, the Neva Deck, you’ll be able to enjoy the Neva Lounge & Bar.
There is only one dining venue on the Scenic Tsar. The Crystal Dining Room is located on the Moskva Deck and serves guests for all three meals. Breakfast and lunch feature buffet-style dining. Guests can also have items cooked-to-order if preferred. An à la carte menu is available for lunch. Dinner is served as a full-course meal.
Other public areas for guests to enjoy include the Sun Deck on Deck 4. And on Deck 1 a Wellness Area and Beauty Salon are featured.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- All cabins on the Scenic Tsar are en suite.
- An elevator for passenger use is available.
- Gratuities, on board and ashore, are included on all Scenic Cruises.
- Complimentary wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffees, teas and soft drinks.
- In-Suite mini-bar is restocked daily.
- There is a doctor onboard the Scenic Tsar.
- Onboard stateroom power is 220 volts; North American cruisers will require a power adapter.
Read other articles about the Scenic Tsar.
Scenic Ship Reviews
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
Leave a Reply