SCENIC SPIRIT Review
SCENIC SPIRIT Overview
Entering service in January 2016, Scenic Spirit is Scenic’s purpose-built ship sailing on the Mekong River between Cambodia and Vietnam. She can carry 68 guests in 34 staterooms, all of which feature Scenic’s Sun Lounge balcony concept and river views. Guests who have sailed with the company in Europe will find much to like about this ship, which includes multiple dining venues and public rooms.
SCENIC SPIRIT Staterooms
There are a total of 34 staterooms aboard Scenic Spirit, all of which feature private balconies. These are divided into four different categories:
- Deluxe Suites, measuring 344 square feet apiece, include a private balcony, walk-in closet, and bathrooms featuring a large vanity basin and separate toilet and shower stalls. Spread out across Jewel, Sapphire and Diamond decks, there are a total of 24 staterooms in this category onboard Scenic Spirit.
- Grand Deluxe Suites are situated on Diamond Deck. There are eight of these suites onboard, all of which measure a very spacious 430 square feet. These feature a private Sun Lounge balcony, separate lounge and dining areas, a walk-in wardrobe and an oversized bathroom with separate toilet and shower.
- Royal Panorama Suites are the largest category of accommodations onboard the Scenic Spirit. Situated all the way forward on Diamond Deck, these two suites (301 and 302) are the largest on the Mekong and measuring 861 square feet. Suites feature forward and side-facing views, outdoor Jacuzzi and day bed, separate lounge and dining areas, a walk-in closet, and an oversized bathroom with separate toilet, tub, and shower.
All suites and staterooms feature Scenic’s revolutionary Sun Lounges allowing guests to convert their private full-size balcony into an all-weather lounge with just the push of a button. They also have personal butler service; complimentary Wi-Fi internet, 32-inch Samsung high-definition televisions linked to a MiniMac computer, providing easy access to in-cabin internet and e-mail capabilities thanks to an upgraded Wi-Fi system that uses both satellite and UMTS mobile technology for faster speeds. Individual thermostat temperature settings, Egyptian linens, large walk-in showers, L’Occitane products and a glass-front bar fridge, replenished daily, round out the amenity list for these staterooms.
SCENIC SPIRIT Public Areas
There’s plenty to enjoy about Scenic Spirit, which features numerous outdoor and indoor (air conditioned) spaces in which to relax and enjoy life onboard.
- The Spirit Lounge: The social hub of the ship, this lounge on Sapphire Deck is where guests relax, catch up, enjoy a drink, read the paper or a book, take in the scenery, play board or card games, snack at the River Café, listen to next day activities from the Cruise Director and enjoy the evening entertainment.
- Sun Deck & Open Air Cinema: For something truly unique, head up to the top deck, where guests can enjoy evening movies under the stars or even an outdoor barbecue on select nights. During the daytime, this functions as a good sun deck should, with plenty of lounging and sightseeing opportunities.
- Outdoor Lounge: Shaded from the elements at the stern of the ship on Sapphire Deck, the outdoor lounge features comfortable chairs and tables so guests view the passing scenery, enjoy a meal or a drink, or just relax.
- Library: Scenic Spirit features a well-stocked library with plenty of books and magazines to enjoy during your cruise.
Scenic Spirit also features Guest Laundry services onboard, allowing you to pack less and wash clothes economically.
Uniquely for a river cruise ship, Scenic Spirit features multiple dining options onboard. These range from the main Crystal Dining Room with its buffet breakfast and lunch (with a la carte options available) and full-service dinners to the casual Poolside Bar, the Outdoor Lounge with its daily special features, the light bites of the River Café, and full round-the-clock room service for all guests.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- All staterooms and suites feature Scenic’s Sun Lounge balcony concept.
- Scenic Spirit features an elevator for guest use.
- Gratuities, on board and ashore, are included on all Scenic Cruises.
- Complimentary wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffees, teas and soft drinks.
- In-Suite mini-bar is restocked daily.
- 24/7 Room Service is available to all guests.