SCENIC AURA Review
SCENIC AURA Overview
Sailing Myanmar’s Irrawaddy River, the 44-guest Scenic Aura is Scenic’s newest purpose-built vessel in Southeast Asia. Entering service in September 2016, she features 22 staterooms and a crew of 35. Guests who have sailed with the company in Europe will find much to like about this ship, which includes multiple dining venues and public rooms along with Scenic’s revolutionary Sun Lounge balcony concept in all staterooms.
SCENIC AURA Staterooms
There are 22 staterooms aboard Scenic Aura, all of which feature private balconies. These are divided into four different categories:
- Balcony Suites, measuring 258 square feet apiece, are the entry-level accommodations aboard this ship. There are just two staterooms in this category (100 and 101), both of which are located on Jewel Deck. These feature separate seating and lounge areas.
- Deluxe Suites are larger, at 344 square feet apiece. Spread out across Jewel, Sapphire and Diamond decks, there are a total of 16 staterooms in this category onboard. En-suite bathrooms feature separate toilet and shower areas.
- Grand Deluxe Suites are situated on Diamond Deck. There are just two of these suites onboard (303 and 304), and both come in at a very spacious 430 square feet. These feature a private Sun Lounge balcony, separate lounge and dining areas, a walk-in wardrobe and an oversized bathroom with separate toilet and shower.
- Royal Panorama Suites are the largest category of accommodations onboard the Scenic Aura. Situated all the way forward on Diamond Deck, these two suites (301 and 302) are some of the largest on the Irrawaddy River, measuring 753 square feet. Suites feature forward and side-facing views, outdoor Jacuzzi and day bed, separate lounge and dining areas, a walk-in closet, and an oversized bathroom with separate toilet and shower.
All suites and staterooms feature Scenic’s revolutionary Sun Lounges allowing guests to convert their private full-size balcony into an all-weather lounge with just the push of a button. They also have personal butler service; complimentary Wi-Fi internet, 32-inch Samsung high-definition televisions linked to a MiniMac computer, providing easy access to in-cabin internet and e-mail capabilities thanks to an upgraded Wi-Fi system that uses both satellite and UMTS mobile technology for faster speeds. Individual thermostat temperature settings, Egyptian linens, large walk-in showers, L’Occitane products and a glass-front bar fridge, replenished daily, round out the amenity list for these staterooms.
SCENIC AURA Public Areas
For a river cruise ship, Scenic Aura’s public rooms are more diverse and numerous than you might expect:
- Aura Lounge and Bar: The social hub of the ship, this is where guests relax, catch up, enjoy a drink, read the paper or a book, take in the scenery, play board or card games, snack at the River Café, listen to next day activities from the Cruise Director and enjoy the evening entertainment.
- Sun Deck & Open Air Cinema: For something truly unique, head up to the top deck, where guests can enjoy evening movies under the stars or even an outdoor barbecue on select nights. During the daytime, this functions as a good sun deck should, with plenty of lounging and sightseeing opportunities.
- Outdoor Lounge: Shaded from the elements at the stern of the ship on Sapphire Deck, the outdoor lounge features comfortable chairs and tables so guests view the passing scenery, enjoy a meal or a drink, or just relax.
- Library: Scenic Aura features a well-stocked library with plenty of books and magazines to enjoy during your cruise.
Scenic Aura also features Guest Laundry services onboard, allowing you to pack less and wash clothes economically.
Uniquely for a river cruise ship, Scenic Aura features six different dining options onboard. These range from the main Crystal Dining Room with its buffet breakfast and lunch (with a la carte options available) and full-service dinners to the casual Poolside Bar, the Outdoor Lounge with its daily special features, the light bites of the River Café, and full round-the-clock room service for all guests.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- All staterooms and suites feature Scenic’s Sun Lounge balcony concept.
- There is no elevator onboard Scenic Aura.
- Gratuities, on board and ashore, are included on all Scenic Cruises.
- Complimentary wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffees, teas and soft drinks.
- In-Suite mini-bar is restocked daily.
- 24/7 Room Service is available to all guests.