Emerald Destiny Review
The Emerald Destiny launched in 2017. The 443-foot vessel has 20 staterooms located on the first deck and 72 suites located on decks 2 and 3. It carries up to 182 passengers and 47 crew members.
Most cabins on the ship are located in the center of the ship, while the outlying areas are utilized for public gathering areas. Emerald Waterways has made good use of the outer areas of the ship on each deck; so regardless of where your cabin is located, you’ll have one or more of these public areas nearby.
The pool and its surrounding area can be transformed into a cinema in the evening for guests to enjoy a night-time movie.
One distinguishing feature of all Emerald Waterways‘ vessels is the retractable roof over the Pool and Cinema area, which allows for an open-air space when weather permits. And when the weather isn’t so accommodating, the area can be enclosed.
Emerald Destiny Staterooms
There are 8 different stateroom categories aboard the Emerald Destiny. Categories are further differentiated by their relative positions on the ship and their square footage.
Riviera Deck (Deck 1)
- Category E is an Emerald (Standard) Stateroom. There are 10 staterooms available located Midship. This category features a large picture window that does not open. Stateroom size is 162 square feet.
- Category D is an Emerald (Standard) Stateroom. There are 8 staterooms available located Midship to Forward on the ship. This category features a large picture window that does not open. Stateroom size is 162 square feet.
- Category ES is a Single Stateroom. There are 2 staterooms (#100 and #101) available located Forward on the ship. This category features a large picture window that does not open. Stateroom size is 130 square feet.
Vista Deck ( Deck 2)
- Category C is a Balcony Suite. There are 19 suites available located Aft. Stateroom size is 180 square feet.
- Category B is a Balcony Suite. There are 18 suites available located Aft to Midship. Stateroom size is 180 square feet.
Horizon Deck ( Deck 3)
- Category A is a Balcony Suite. There are 23 suites available located Midship. Stateroom size is 180 square feet.
- Category S is a Grand Balcony Suite. There are 8 suites available located Midship to Forward. Stateroom size is 210 square feet.
- Category SA is an Owner’s Suite. There are 4 suites available (#301, #303, #305 and #307) located Midship to Forward. Stateroom size is 315 square feet.
All staterooms feature flat-panel televisions and infotainment centers, safes, wireless internet access, complimentary bathrobes and slippers, mini fridges, and oversize beds.
Emerald Panorama Balcony Suites for categories C, B, and A feature an indoor balcony design with an open-air system. The deck area includes a table and chairs. And with the touch of a button, a floor-to-ceiling window opens your stateroom to the outside air.
Emerald Destiny Public Areas
On the Emerald Destiny, you’ll find public gathering areas on both ends of the ship on each deck. For instance, the Golf Putting Green, pool, fitness, massage, and beauty center are located in the rear or aft part of the ship; while the Reflections Restaurant, The Terrace, Horizon Bar, and Sky Barbecue are located in the front of the ship. A walking track circles the entire ship on the Sun Deck.
More specifically, the Reflections Restaurant is located Forward on the ship on the Vista Deck. This venue serves guests for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and features open seating.
On the Sun Deck, Sky Barbecue provides another dining option with fast food selections in an informal, outdoor atmosphere.
A few other public gathering areas on the Horizon Deck, include the Club Swimming Pool, Bar, and Evening Cinema located in the rear of the ship and the Horizon Bar and The Terrace located on the opposite end at the bow.
On the Sun Deck, guests can enjoy a game or two on the Golf Putting Green or the Giant Tic-Tac-Toe.
Other public areas available on the ship, including a Hair Salon on the Riviera Deck and a Fitness Room and Massage and Beauty Center on the Vista Deck.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- All staterooms and suites have a river view.
- Onboard bicycles can be reserved for individual shore excursions.
- An elevator for passenger use is available.
- Airport transfer fees, port charges, and gratuities are included on all Emerald Waterways’ Cruises.
- Onboard stateroom power is 220 volts; North American cruisers will require a power adapter.