Crystal Bach Ship Review
When she debuted in August of 2017, the 106-guest Crystal Bach became the first purpose-built river cruise ship to enter service on the waterways of Europe for Crystal River Cruises. The river cruising arm of the ultra-luxury oceangoing Crystal Cruises brand, Crystal Bach brings the luxurious amenities of ocean cruising to the world of river cruising.
Distinguishing Crystal Bach from her competitors is easy thanks to her unique exterior. With Crystal Bach, Crystal placed the ship’s wheelhouse all the way forward in the bow of the ship, freeing up valuable Sun Deck space for niceties like a Pop-Up Bar, more seating options, and skylight windows over the ship’s entry lobby and the grand Palm Court Lounge.
Crystal Bach Staterooms
- Category CS Suites are the largest suites onboard Crystal Bach, or anywhere else on European waterways. These Two Bedroom Crystal Suites with Panoramic Balcony Window can sleep up to four adults (minimum double occupancy) in 759 square feet of unabashed splendor. The Master Bedroom includes a King-size bed facing the windows; a walk-in closet; bedstands that have wireless charging capabilities; an arm chair; and an interactive television system. In the bathroom, a double vanity complements the stand-up shower with wand and rainforest settings, stocked with ETRO robes and slippers. The living room features two arm chairs and a coffee table, an entry vestibule, and even a fireplace (faux) below a second mounted flat-screen television set. Butler service, naturally, is offered to guests in these suites.
- Category CP Suites are the second-largest accommodations, coming in at a healthy 506 square feet. These One Bedroom Crystal Penthouse with Panoramic Balcony Window suites can sleep up to two guests and offer all the amenities of the larger Category CS Suites, minus the second bedroom.
- Category S1, S2 and S3 Suites are smaller, but no less comfortable. Ranging in size from 237 to 253 square feet, these rooms look more like classic boutique hotel rooms than your typical river cruise ship accommodations. Impressively, these rooms also feature many of the same amenities that their larger (and more expensive) counterparts do, from full butler service to nightstands with wireless charging capabilities, king sized beds and ETRO robes, walk-in closet, an in-suite Nespresso maker, and a 40-inch interactive television set. All three River Suite Deluxe with Panoramic Balcony Window categories feature Crystal’s open-air Panoramic Balcony windows.
- Category S4 and S5 are the entry-level accommodations onboard, and can sleep up to two guests in 188 square feet of living space. Smaller but no less deluxe, these rooms still include butler service, ETRO robes and slippers, an in-suite Nespresso maker, wireless charging nightstands and a 40-inch interactive television set. Category S4 and S5 rooms lack the walk-in closet found at the higher levels, but still have sumptuous bathrooms equipped with both rainforest and wand shower options.
Crystal Bach Public Areas
When it comes to public rooms, Crystal River Cruises rethinks what makes a river cruise ship.
By far one of the most striking rooms is the Palm Court Lounge. This is the social hub of the ship, with a full-service bar and lighter fare served here at various times throughout the day. Aside from the fantastic seating options, the first thing most cruisers are likely to notice are the floor-to-ceiling windows, which curve attractively upward to form the better part of the room’s ceiling. Not only does this provide for better views by day and night, it makes passing under bridges and through locks a real event – one that, for now, is entirely unique to Crystal’s river cruise ships.
Just aft of the Palm Court, The Vintage Room is the specialty restaurant onboard, with sumptuous cuisine paired with exceptional wines.
Most meals will be taken in the Waterside Restaurant; a lavish affair with bold décor that reveals more than a hint of Crystal’s oceangoing heritage. Close your eyes, and you can almost picture being aboard Crystal Serenity.
All the way aft, you’ll find a glass-enclosed, indoor swimming pool that lets you relax in the warmth of this spa-like enclave without missing any of the wonderful scenery passing by outdoors.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Crystal Bach features 110/220V outlets as well as USB charging in all staterooms and suites.
- Although Crystal Bach has an elevator, it does not travel to the uppermost Vista Deck.
Crystal River Cruises Ship ReviewsTo read a review of a particular ship, click the link under "Read the Review." If applicable, our Live Voyage Reports offer a day-by-day overview of an actual cruise onboard. In some cases, there may be more than one report, to be sure to see if your favorite destination is represented.
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|Crystal Mozart||My Favorite River Cruises Of 2016: A Visit To Vienna For Crystal Mozart’s Christening|