JEANINE Ship Review
Extensively renovated in 2013, Jeanine is one of the most modern barges in the CroisiEurope fleet. Don’t let her unassuming size fool you: inside this cozy vessel are trendy, comfortable and modern interiors that are designed to soothe the senses.
If you’ve resisted barging before due to the low passenger counts (some vessels carry as few as four guests), fear not: Jeanine can accommodate 24 guests and a crew of five.
Each of the 12 staterooms aboard Jeanine are located on the ship’s Lower Deck and feature fixed-window river views. All staterooms feature entirely new, modern décor that would feel right at home onboard a large cruise ship, and each stateroom comes equipped with private bathrooms, television, radio, internal telephone, safe and individual climate control.
JEANINE Public Areas
Public areas are all located one deck above the staterooms aboard Jeanine.
On Main Deck, guests will find an attractive Outdoor Terrace overlooking the bow of the ship that even features a Jacuzzi. This gives way to the indoor Lounge, with its soft couches and intimate seating that encourage a social atmosphere and conversation. An adjacent bar ensures that the best wines in France are never out of reach.
Further aft is the ship’s main Restaurant, attractively decorated with wood panelling and modern accents and lighting. All meals are served here at tables that can be combined to create combinations of two or four.
An upper observation deck can be accessed via the ship’s bow terrace, and provides an excellent vantage point for photographing or simply admiring the passing French countryside.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Electrical outlets onboard use standard two-prong, European 220V connections. North American travelers will require an adapter and/or converter to use electronics.
- Bicycles are available for guests to rent and enjoy ashore onboard Jeanine.
- There is no elevator aboard Jeanine.
- There are no mobility-impaired staterooms aboard Jeanine.
- Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity are available onboard for an additional fee.