AVALON TAPESTRY II Ship Review
Avalon Waterways introduced the Avalon Tapestry II in 2015. Like her sister ship, the Avalon Poetry II, she is 361 feet long and has 52 suites and 12 staterooms. The Avalon Tapestry carries up to 128 guests and 37 crew members.
Cruises are available on the Seine River in France. Itinerary length is between 8 and 11 days and may also include a cruise on the Rhône and Saône rivers. There are packages from Paris to Normandy, Paris to London, Côte d’Azur to Paris, Côte d’Azur to London and Paris to Nice.
AVALON TAPESTRY II Staterooms
The Avalon Tapestry II has six different stateroom categories that are further differentiated by their relative position on the ship and their square footage:
Indigo Deck (Deck 1)There are two stateroom categories on the Indigo Deck. Stateroom size for both categories is 172 square feet. All 16 staterooms feature two small windows rather than a balcony. The windows do not open.
- Category E is a Standard Stateroom. There are six staterooms available located Forward.
- Category D is a Standard Stateroom. There are six staterooms available located Midship.
Sapphire Deck (Deck 2)
There are two stateroom categories on the second deck located Midship and Aft. Both categories are 200 square feet in size and feature a Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Window with Open-Air Balcony®.
- Category B is a Panorama Suite. There are 8 cabins available located Aft.
- Category A is a Panorama Suite. There are 18 cabins (2016) available located Midship. In 2015 there were 17 Category A cabins.
Royal Deck (Deck 3)There are two stateroom categories on the third deck. Both categories feature a Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Window with Open-Air Balcony®.
- Category P is a Panorama Suite. There are 32 cabins available located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 200 square feet.
- Royal Suite – There are only two Royal Suites (#306 and #308) available. Both are located Midship. Stateroom size is 300 square feet.
Regardless of the stateroom category you choose, you’ll find your room furnished with a bathrobe and slippers for each guest, L’Occitane bath products and super comfortable bedding. The Comfort Collection BedsSM are covered with a memory foam mattress topper, Egyptian super-combed cotton linens, European-style duvets and soft and firm pillows.
All staterooms have a flat-screen satellite TV with movie channel, well-stocked minibar, complimentary WiFi, in-room safe, writing desk and individual climate control.
The Panorama and Royal Suites have a few additional items included. Both have a 6-person sitting area with a sofa and coffee table and bathrooms are designed with marble counter tops. And double sinks are featured in the Royal Suite bathrooms.
AVALON TAPESTRY II Public Areas
Aboard the Avalon Tapestry II, you’ll find amenities like a Fitness Center on the Indigo Deck and a Hair Salon and Internet Corner on the Royal Deck. On the Sun Deck, you can relax in the Whirlpool or engage with other guests in the Deck Game Area.
There are a few more social gathering areas where guests can mingle, such as the Sky Lounge on the Sun Deck and the Panorama Lounge and Observation Lounge on the Royal Deck.
The Avalon Tapestry II features a couple of different dining options. A buffet-style lunch and 4-course dinner are served in the Main Dining Room. And for a more casual and lighter dining venue, you can enjoy your lunch or dinner at the Panorama Bistro on the Royal Deck or the Sky Bistroon the Sky Deck.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- All staterooms and suites have a river view.
- An elevator for passenger use is available.
- Wireless internet service is available throughout the ship, including stateroom.
- Onboard stateroom power is 220 volts; North American cruisers will require a power adapter.
Read other articles about the Avalon Tapestry II.
Live Voyage Report – Avalon Creativity On The Seine
- Day 1: Cruising La Seine From Paris to Rouen Through Art & History On Avalon Waterways’ Creativity
- Day 2: Two Overnights In Paris On Avalon Creativity
- Day 3: Monet, Monet, Monet: Impressions Of An Impressionist’s Gardens In Giverny
- Day 4: Roses & Ruins In Rouen, And A Young Lady Martyred & Remembered
- Day 5: A Trip To The Landing Beaches & A Stunning Discovery At The American Cemetery
- Day 6: Conquering Richard The Lionheart’s Castle
- Day 7: Avalon Creativity Cruise Review: Seven Days On The Seine, Does Avalon Measure Up?
Avalon Waterways - Europe Ships
Avalon Waterways - Asia
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|Avalon Myanmar (Irrawaddy River)|
|Avalon Siem Reap (Mekong River)|
Read other articles on River Cruise Advisor about Avalon Waterways.