AVALON IMPRESSION Ship Review
AVALON IMPRESSION Overview
Avalon Waterways launched its Suite Ship, Avalon Impression, in 2014. The 443-foot long vessel carries up to 166 passengers and 47 crew members. Wall-to-wall windows with an Open-Air Balcony® are featured in 81% of its staterooms, while all other remaining cabins have 2 small porthole windows. So essentially, all staterooms do have a river view.
Cruises on the Avalon Impression are available from the Rhine to the Danube River between cities, such as Budapest and Amsterdam, Budapest and Prague, Budapest and London and Amsterdam and Brussels. Packages vary in length and are between 8 and 21 days.
Onboard the 4-deck ship, you’ll find a few dining options – the main Dining Room, Panorama Bistro and the Sky Bistro. Other amenities featured on the Avalon Impression include 4 Lounges, 2 Bars, a Whirlpool, Fitness Center, Hair Salon and a well-stocked Library with 2 computers available for use.
AVALON IMPRESSION Staterooms
The Avalon Impression has 6 different stateroom categories that are between 172 and 300 square feet in size. They are further differentiated by their relative position on the ship and their square footage:
Indigo Deck (Deck 1)
The Indigo Deck has 2 stateroom categories that measure 172 square feet in size. All cabins feature 2 small windows that do not open.
- Category E (Standard Stateroom) There are 6 staterooms that are located Forward.
- Category D (Standard Stateroom) There are 10 staterooms that are located Midship.
Sapphire Deck (Deck 2)
There are 2 stateroom categories on the Sapphire Deck. Both categories are 200 square feet in size and feature a Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Window with Open-Air Balcony®.
- Category B (Panorama Suite) There are 9 cabins available located Aft.
- Category A (Panorama Suite) There are 24 cabins available located Midship.
Royal Deck (Deck 3)
There are 2 stateroom categories on the Royal Deck. Both categories feature a Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Window with Open-Air Balcony®.
- Category P (Panorama Suite) There are 32 cabins available located Midship and Aft. Stateroom size is 200 square feet.
- Royal Suite – There are only 2 Royal Suites (#310 and #312) available. Both are located Midship. Stateroom size is 300 square feet.
Cabins are designed with comfort in mind starting with Comfort Collection BedsSM that are topped with luxurious Egyptian super-combed cotton linens and European-style duvets. Each bed has a memory foam mattress topper and soft and firm pillows.
A comfortable bathrobe and slippers along with L’Occitaine bath products are provided to guests in all stateroom categories.
All cabins are furnished with a flat-screen satellite TV with movie channel, well-stocked minibar, complimentary WiFi, in-room safe, writing desk and individual climate control.
Additionally, the Panorama and Royal Suites have a 6-person sitting area with a sofa and coffee table; and bathrooms are designed with marble counter tops.
AVALON IMPRESSION Public Areas
The Avalon Impression has several public areas for guests to gather. On the Royal Deck nightly entertainment is featured in the Panorama Lounge, which also has a dance floor and full-service bar. During the day, this lounge is used to host local food and wine tastings. Located nearby is the Observation Lounge. And at the back of the ship on the same deck, nightly entertainment is also available in the Club Lounge
You can enjoy a 4-course dinner in the main Dining Room on the Sapphire Deck. Or you may choose a less-formal, lighter option in the Panorama Bistro on the Royal Deck. For lunch the Sky Bistro features al-fresco dining on Deck 4.
A few other place to mention onboard the Avalon Impression, include a Whirlpool and Deck Game Area on the Sky Deck, a Fitness Center on the Indigo Deck, and a Hair Salon and Internet Room/Library on the Royal Deck.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- All staterooms and suites have a river view.
- An elevator for passenger use is available.
- Wireless internet service is available throughout the ship, including stateroom.
- Onboard stateroom power is 220 volts; North American cruisers will require a power adapter.
Read other articles about the Avalon Illumination.
Live Voyage Report – Avalon Creativity On The Seine
- Day 1: Cruising La Seine From Paris to Rouen Through Art & History On Avalon Waterways’ Creativity
- Day 2: Two Overnights In Paris On Avalon Creativity
- Day 3: Monet, Monet, Monet: Impressions Of An Impressionist’s Gardens In Giverny
- Day 4: Roses & Ruins In Rouen, And A Young Lady Martyred & Remembered
- Day 5: A Trip To The Landing Beaches & A Stunning Discovery At The American Cemetery
- Day 6: Conquering Richard The Lionheart’s Castle
- Day 7: Avalon Creativity Cruise Review: Seven Days On The Seine, Does Avalon Measure Up?
Avalon Waterways - Europe Ships
Avalon Waterways - Asia, Galapagos & Amazon Ships
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|Avalon Myanmar (Irrawaddy River)|
|Avalon Siem Reap (Mekong River)|
|Century Legend (Yangtze River)|
|Century Paragon (Yangtze River)|
|Amazon Discovery (Amazon River)|
|Sonesta (Nile River)|
|Isabella II (Galápagos Islands)|
Read other articles on River Cruise Advisor about Avalon Waterways.