AVALON CREATIVITY Ship Review
At 361 feet in length, she boasts all the comforts of a much larger vessel, but with the intimacy only a river cruise can provide.
AVALON CREATIVITY Staterooms
Avalon Creativity features five different stateroom categories, encompassing 68 staterooms and two suites.
- Located on Indigo Deck, Category E staterooms measure 172 square feet and feature two windows located near the ceiling of the stateroom. They also feature a full bathroom with a glass door enclosed shower, a writing desk, vanity, and Avalon’s deluxe beds with premium mattress covers, Egyptian linens, European-style duvets, and a choice of firm or soft pillows.
- Categories A, B and P also measure 172 square feet, and are located on the Sapphire and Royal decks. These staterooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and a French balcony.
- Rounding out the accommodations are Avalon Creativity’s 258-square foot Avalon Suites. Located side-by-side on Royal Deck, these two suites pull out all the stops, featuring all the amenities of the previous categories but with more space, a large sitting area, and a larger bathroom
All guests have access to a welcome list of amenities, including nightly turn-down service, spacious three-door closets, flat-screen TV with movie channels, bathrobes and slippers, complimentary bottled water and L’Occitane toiletries.
Stateroom mini-bars feature reasonably-priced beer, wine and soft drinks, though these are provided complimentary with lunch and dinner.
AVALON CREATIVITY Public Areas
Like her sisters, Avalon Creativity offers a host of amenities designed to ensure your stay aboard is pleasurable.
Throughout the ship you’ll find wall-to-wall panoramic windows so you never miss the scenery passing by.
A main lounge, aft-facing Club Lounge with complimentary speciality coffees, tea, sweets and fruit (and a selection of board games), and an elegantly appointed restaurant round out the mix. Regional wines (French whites, reds and rosés), beer (Becks), soft drinks and mineral water are served at dinner and lunch at no additional charge. On some days when weather permits, the Sky Deck is open for grill lunches. Seating is limited, and reservations are required.
The ship is also equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi access (but beware, access is challenging on the rivers) and a dedicated Internet center where access is more dependable, as well as a small fitness center with a recumbent, upright bike and treadmill, and an outside viewing deck, the Sky Deck featuring premium lounge chairs and a whirlpool.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Avalon Creativity has only two Avalon Suites.
- The interiors of all Avalon Waterways vessels are non-smoking.
- Headsets are available for guests on guided shore excursions.
- Room service, including continental breakfast, is available.
- Avalon Creativity has a dedicated cruise director and onboard lecturers, as well as nightly entertainment.
Live Voyage Report – Avalon Creativity On The Seine
- Day 1: Cruising La Seine From Paris to Rouen Through Art & History On Avalon Waterways’ Creativity
- Day 2: Two Overnights In Paris On Avalon Creativity
- Day 3: Monet, Monet, Monet: Impressions Of An Impressionist’s Gardens In Giverny
- Day 4: Roses & Ruins In Rouen, And A Young Lady Martyred & Remembered
- Day 5: A Trip To The Landing Beaches & A Stunning Discovery At The American Cemetery
- Day 6: Conquering Richard The Lionheart’s Castle
- Day 7: Avalon Creativity Cruise Review: Seven Days On The Seine, Does Avalon Measure Up?
Avalon Waterways - Europe Ships
Avalon Waterways - Asia, Galapagos & Amazon Ships
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|
|Avalon Myanmar (Irrawaddy River)|
|Avalon Siem Reap (Mekong River)|
|Century Legend (Yangtze River)|
|Century Paragon (Yangtze River)|
|Amazon Discovery (Amazon River)|
|Sonesta (Nile River)|
|Isabella II (Galápagos Islands)|
Read other articles on River Cruise Advisor about Avalon Waterways.