AmaVida Ship Review
Discover the rich history of Portugal and Spain as you journey through the Douro River Valley aboard the AmaVida, one of the most feature-laden ships to sail Portugal’s famous Douro River. Enjoy a glass of Port wine as you mingle with new friends in the spacious Panoramic Lounge or relax on the Sun Deck as the ship sails past beautiful vineyards along the hillsides of the Douro River.
AmaVida can carry 106 guests in a total of 53 staterooms. There are six different types of staterooms aboard AmaVida:
- Suites measure 323 square feet, and are located all the way aft on the uppermost deck, Porto Deck. There are only two rooms of this type aboard AmaVida.
- Category A, B and C staterooms all measure 215 square feet and feature private balconies. They are located on Porto and Lisbon decks.
- Category D and E staterooms are smaller at 161 square feet, and feature fixed panoramic windows instead of balconies. They are located on the lowest deck, Douro Deck, but represent a great value for budget-conscious travelers. There are eight Category D staterooms and seven Category E staterooms aboard AmaVida.
AmaVida Public Areas
Inside, AmaVida features all the standard amenities and public rooms that river cruisers have come to expect, including a dedicated, forward-facing lounge; an open-seating restaurant, and a small Spa and Fitness Center. She even has an elevator for passenger use.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- AmaVida’s elevator reaches all three stateroom decks; a rare feature.
Help Us Help You
- Have you been on AmaVida? If so please leave your comments below.
- Looking to cruise on AmaVida? Let us know what you want to know in the comment field below, and we’ll get back to you with information.
Read other articles about the AmaVida.