AmaSerena Ship Review
AmaSerena launched in 2015. At 443 feet in length, AmaSerena carries 162 passengers in 81 staterooms and suites. Her sister, AmaVenita, also launched in 2015.
There are eight different stateroom categories aboard AmaSerena:
- Category D and E staterooms measure 160 square feet, and are located on Piano Deck. They feature a fixed window and all the standard amenities AmaWaterways is known for, like complimentary Wi-Fi internet access in all staterooms, an interactive Entertainment-On-Demand system with a flat-screen TV, white-on-white plush bedding, terrycloth bathrobes, and slippers.
- Category C staterooms are the first to feature a French balcony. Located on Violin and Cello decks, they also have more passenger space at 170 square feet. All the amenities included in Category D and E staterooms are present here.
- Category BB and BA staterooms feature AmaWaterways’ unique twin-balcony concept, and include a French balcony in addition to a full, outside balcony complete with deck chairs and a small table. These staterooms are also slightly larger than Category C staterooms at 210 square feet, and are located on the Cello Deck and Violin Deck.
- Category AA and AB staterooms are larger still at 235 square feet, and reside on Violin and Cello decks. Like the Category BB and BA staterooms, they also feature the line’s unique twin-balcony concept, comprised of an actual, outdoor balcony with table and chairs in addition to a French balcony indoor sitting area.
- Category AA+ staterooms are larger than previous categories, at 290 square feet. Like category AA, they also feature the line’s unique twin-balcony concept.
- Suites are the highest level of accommodation aboard AmaSerena. At 300 square feet, they’re also the most spacious, and also include the line’s unique twin-balcony concept. Expect these staterooms to deliver more everything: more space, more amenities, more comfort.
AmaSerena Public Areas
Like all AmaWaterways river cruise ships, AmaSerena really shines in her interior appointments. Besides the usual dining room, lounge and bar, AmaSerena features multiple dining venues, a massage and hair salon, a fitness room, and even a heated swimming pool — a rarity among river cruise vessels. A 24-hour station provides coffee, tea and water, and juices are available during breakfast hours.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- AmaSerena entered service in 2015.
- Bicycles and helmets are available for complimentary use on all AmaWaterways sailings.
- Both French and full step-out balconies are offered.
Read other articles about the AmaSerena.