AmaMagna Ship Review
AmaMagna launch in the spring of 2019. At 443 feet in length, AmaMagna carries 196 passengers in 98 staterooms and suites. At twice the width of regular river cruise vessels, AmaMagna is the first of her kind to join AmaWaterways’ fleet. See our July 2019 report: 6 Types Of Travelers Who Are Perfect For AmaMagna, Are You One Of Them?
Best viewed full screen with sound on.
There are eight different stateroom categories aboard AmaMagna:
- Category D and E staterooms measure 205 square feet, and are located on the Lower Deck. They feature a fixed window and all the standard amenities AmaWaterways is known for, like complimentary Wi-Fi internet access in all staterooms, an interactive Entertainment-On-Demand system with a flat-screen TV, white-on-white plush bedding, terrycloth bathrobes, and slippers.
- Category AB and AA staterooms are the first to feature a balcony. Located on the Main and Upper decks, they also have more passenger space at 252 square feet. All the amenities included in Category D and E staterooms are present here.
- Category SB and SA staterooms also feature a balcony. Located on the Main and Upper decks, these staterooms measure 355 square feet, and feature the amenities previously mentioned.
- Category GS staterooms are larger still at 474 square feet, and reside on the Upper deck.
- Category OS is the highest level of accommodation aboard AmaMagna. There is only one stateroom of this category on the ship. At 710 square feet, it is also the most spacious. Expect this stateroom to deliver more everything: more space, more amenities, more comfort.
AmaMagna Public Areas
Like all AmaWaterways river cruise ships, AmaMagna really shines in her interior appointments. AmaMagna features multiple dining venues, with the addition of Jimmy’s Wine Bar Restaurant, named for AmaWaterways’ late co-founder Jimmy Murphy, and the Al Fresco Restaurant, with retractable ceiling and side windows.
She also features a massage and hair salon, a fitness room, and a swimming pool and whirlpool. AmaMagna is the first of AmaWaterways’ ships to feature a water sports platform complete with the Sundowner boat for evening river excursions.
AmaMagna guests may also take advantage of the new Concierge Golf Program, providing the opportunity to experience five top-level golf courses in Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, and the Czech Republic while enjoying the magic of river cruising.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- AmaMagna entered service in 2019.
- Bicycles and helmets are available for complimentary use on all AmaWaterways sailings.
- Exclusive to AmaMagna, guests can take advantage of a Concierge Golf Program.
Read other articles about the AmaMagna.