AmaLea Ship Review
AmaLea, was launched in 2018. At 443 feet in length, AmaLea carries 156 passengers in 78 staterooms and suites. Her sister, AmaKristina, launched in 2017.
There are eight different stateroom categories aboard AmaLea:
- Category D and E staterooms measure 160 square feet, and are located on Piano Deck. They feature a fixed window and all the standard amenities AmaWaterways is known for, like complimentary Wi-Fi internet access in all staterooms, an interactive Entertainment-On-Demand system with a flat-screen TV, white-on-white plush bedding, terrycloth bathrobes, and slippers.
- Category CA staterooms are the first to feature a French balcony. Located on Violin and Cello decks, they also have more passenger space at 170 square feet. All the amenities included in Category D and E staterooms are present here.
- Category CB staterooms also feature a French balcony. Located on the Violin deck, these staterooms measure 155 square feet, and feature the amenities offered in Category D and E staterooms.
- Category BB and BA staterooms feature AmaWaterways’ unique twin-balcony concept, and include a French balcony in addition to a full, outside balcony complete with deck chairs and a small table. These staterooms are also slightly larger than Category CA staterooms at 210 square feet, and are located on the Cello Deck and Violin Deck.
- Category AA and AB staterooms are larger still at 235 square feet, and reside on Violin and Cello decks. Like the Category BB and BA staterooms, they also feature the line’s unique twin-balcony concept.
- Suites are the highest level of accommodation aboard AmaLea. At 350 square feet, they’re also the most spacious, and also include the line’s unique twin-balcony concept. Expect these staterooms to deliver more everything: more space, more amenities, more comfort.
AmaLea Public Areas
Like all AmaWaterways river cruise ships, AmaLea really shines in her interior appointments. Besides the usual dining room, lounge and bar, AmaLea features multiple dining venues, a massage and hair salon, a fitness room, and even a heated swimming pool — a rarity among river cruise vessels. A 24-hour station provides coffee, tea and water, and juices are available during breakfast hours.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- AmaLea entered service in 2018.
- Bicycles and helmets are available for complimentary use on all AmaWaterways sailings.
- Both French and full step-out balconies are offered.
Read other articles about the AmaLea.