AmaDolce Ship Review
In 2009, the beautiful duo AmaDolce and AmaLyra joined the AmaWaterways‘ fleet, as sister ships to AmaDante and near-sisters to the AmaCello, which debuted in Spring 2008. Carrying 144 passengers apiece, these vessels are 360 feet in length and feature some of the most luxurious accommodations in the river cruise market.
There are eight different categories of accommodation aboard AmaDolce:
- At 140 square feet are the Single Accommodation. These two staterooms are located side-by-side on Cello Deck, and feature a French balcony – making them ideal for solo travelers who don’t want to compromise. These feature a wardrobe, bathroom with shower, and a desk with internet access and a flat-screen TV.
- Categories D and E measure 170 square feet, and are located on Piano Deck. They feature fixed windows and offer a sitting area, desk with internet access and flat-screen television, and a bathroom with a stellar multi-function shower that is to die for.
- Categories A, B and C are also 170 square feet, but are located on Cello and Violin decks. They feature all the amenities of the Category D and E staterooms, but with the addition of floor-to-ceiling windows which open to a French balcony. Category A staterooms offer a slightly more desirable location, being one deck higher than Category B and are located amidships.
- AmaDolce has one Category A+ stateroom located all the way forward on Violin Deck. It offers all the amenities and features of a standard Category A stateroom, but is appreciably larger at 225 square feet.
- Topping off the accommodation choices are three Suites. Located on Violin Deck, these suites are a comfortable 255 square feet and feature a full bathroom with shower and tub, a flat-screen television, mini bar, spacious wardrobe, and a full size window in addition to a complete French balcony. As with many ships, these suites can sell out quickly, so it pays to plan ahead.
AmaDolce Public Areas
Inside, AmaDolce features a host of amenities designed to sooth and entertain when you’re not admiring the passing scenery. She features a unique library, a beautiful main lounge and bar, a reception area, gift shop, an aft-facing lounge, a bow-facing seating area, and The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant. The ship’s restaurant features fine cuisine influenced by local specialties and ingredients. Ample open seating is available on the Sun Deck, which also features a whirlpool and a walking track.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- AmaDolce features a passenger elevator that travels between Violin and Cello Decks.
- Complimentary bicycles are available onboard for guests to take ashore.
- Beer, wine, and soft drinks are complimentary with lunch and dinner.
- Complimentary bottled water is provided in staterooms and replenished daily.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout AmaDolce.
Help Us Help You
- Have you been on AmaDolce? If so please leave your comments below.
- Looking to cruise on AmaDolce? Let us know what you want to know in the comment field below, and we’ll get back to you with information.
Read other articles about the AmaDolce.