AmaDagio Ship Review
Editor’s Note: AmaDagio has been retired from the AmaWaterways’ fleet.
AmaDagio was launched in 2006 and would become the first of six nearly identical, highly successful river cruise vessels for AmaWaterways. She is a direct sister to the 2007-built AmaLegro, and a very near-sister to AmaCello, AmaDante, AmaLyra, and AmaDolce.
Carrying just 150 passengers in 75 staterooms, AmaDagio is 360 feet in length and features some of the most luxurious accommodations in the river cruise market.
There are six different categories of accommodation aboard AmaDagio:
- The lowest categories of stateroom are Categories D and E. They measure 170 square feet and are located on Piano Deck. They feature fixed windows and offer a sitting area, desk with Internet access and flat-panel television, and a bathroom with shower.
- Categories A,B and C are also 170 square feet, but are located on Cello and Violin decks. They feature all the amenities of the Category D and E staterooms, but with the addition of floor-to-ceiling windows that open to a French balcony. Category A staterooms offer a slightly more desirable location, being one deck higher than Category B and are located amidships.
- Topping off the accommodation choices are four Junior Suites. Located on Violin Deck, these suites are a comfortable 255 square feet and feature a full bathroom with shower and tub, a flat-panel television, mini bar, spacious wardrobe, and a full size window in addition to a complete French balcony. As with many ships, these suites can sell out quickly, so it pays to plan ahead.
AmaDagio Public Areas
Inside, AmaDagio features a host of amenities designed to sooth and entertain when you’re not admiring the passing scenery. She features a unique, 1.5 story library, a beautiful main lounge and bar, a reception area, gift shop, an aft-facing lounge, and a bow-facing seating area. The ship’s restaurant features fine cuisine influenced by local specialties and ingredients. Ample open seating is available on the Sun Deck, which also features a whirlpool and a jogging track.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- AmaDagio lacks the Single and A+ Stateroom categories found on her newer sisters.
- An elevator is available for passenger use.
- Complimentary bicycles are available onboard for guests to take ashore.
Help Us Help You
- Have you been on AmaDagio? If so please leave your comments below.
- Looking to cruise on AmaDagio? Let us know what you want to know in the comment field below, and we’ll get back to you with information.
Read other articles about the AmaDagio.