AmaCello Ship Review
The AmaCello was launched in 2008, and became a sister ship to the 2009-built AmaLyra and AmaDolce, and the 2007-built AmaLegro and AmaDagio (2006). Carrying 148 passengers apiece, these vessels are 360 feet in length and feature some of the most luxurious accommodations in the river cruise market.
There are seven different categories of accommodation aboard AmaCello:
- Starting at 140 square feet are the Single Accommodations. These two staterooms are located side-by-side on Cello Deck, and feature a French balcony – making them ideal for solo travelers who don’t want to compromise. These feature a wardrobe, bathroom with shower, and a desk with Internet access and a flat-panel television.
- Categories D and E measure 170 square feet, and are located on Piano Deck. They feature fixed windows and offer a sitting area, desk with Internet access and flat-panel television, and a bathroom with shower.
- Categories A,B and C are also 170 square feet, but are located on Cello and Violin decks. They feature all the amenities of the Category D and E staterooms, but with the addition of floor-to-ceiling windows that open to a French balcony. Category A staterooms offer a slightly more desirable location, being one deck higher than Category B and are located amidships.
- Topping off the accommodation choices are three Junior Suites. Located on Violin Deck, these suites are a comfortable 255 square feet and feature a full bathroom with shower and tub, a flat-panel television, mini bar, spacious wardrobe, and a full size window in addition to a complete French balcony. As with many ships, these suites can sell out quickly, so it pays to plan ahead.
AmaCello Public Areas
Inside, AmaCello features a host of amenities designed to sooth and entertain when you’re not admiring the passing scenery. She features a library, a beautiful main lounge and bar, a reception area, gift shop, an aft-facing lounge, and a bow-facing seating area. The ship’s restaurant features fine cuisine influenced by local specialties and ingredients. Ample open seating is available on the Sun Deck, which also features a whirlpool and a jogging track.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- AmaCello doesn’t feature the Category A+ stateroom found on her sisters.
- The ship features a passenger elevator.
- Complimentary bicycles are available onboard for guests to take ashore.
Help Us Help You
- Have you been on AmaCello? If so please leave your comments below.
- Looking to cruise on AmaCello? Let us know what you want to know in the comment field below, and we’ll get back to you with information.
Read other articles about the AmaCello.
AmaWaterways Ship Reviews
|Ship||Live Voyage Report|