A-ROSA SILVA Ship Review
The 442-foot long A-ROSA SILVA is one of A-ROSA’s newest vessels, having just entered service in 2012. Constructed at the famous Neptun-Werft shipyard in Rostock, Germany, she carries 186 guests in 89 staterooms and suites, and can be easily identified by her large wraparound panoramic windows that grace her forward superstructure and her distinctive, curving stern.
In 2013, A-ROSA SILVA offers four distinctive river cruise itineraries, all of which take place along the magnificent Danube River. Romance on the Danube whisks guests from Passau, Germany to Budapest, Hungary; while Waltzing on the Danube operates in the reverse direction.
The 2013 season ends with a trip to Europe’s spectacular Christmas Markets on the weeklong Exploring the Christmas Markets river cruise sailing round-trip from Frankfurt, Germany on December 3, 2013.
Guests can then ring in Christmas and the New Year aboard A-ROSA SILVA with a Christmas and New Year Celebrations river cruise sailing from Frankfurt to Vienna on December 21 and ending on January 4, 2014.
A-ROSA SILVA Staterooms
- Category S staterooms are located on Deck 1 and measure 156 square feet. These feature a single oversize porthole window and can accommodate three guests thanks to the addition of a pull-down bed. It’s worth noting these beds are separated, with one folding up to become a sitting area during the daytime. There are only two of these rooms aboard A-ROSA STELLA, numbered 102 and 101.
- Category A staterooms are also located on Deck 1, and also measure 156 square feet. Their sleeping arrangement is more traditional, with the beds placed next to each other. A single square-shaped window lets in plenty of natural light. These rooms sleep two guests.
- Category C staterooms are located on Deck 2, and feature a French-style, “Juliette” balcony that features two doors that open inwards. Also measuring 156 square feet, these rooms feature attractive wall treatments above the sleeping area.
- Category D staterooms are identical to Category C, with the exception that they are located one deck higher on Deck 3. Room layout is identical, with French-style “Juliette” balcony area and accommodations for two.
- Category E Junior Suites are located on Deck 3 and measure 225 square feet with a French-style “Juliette” balcony. They feature a walk-in closet, separate living and sleeping areas, larger bathrooms and a host of exclusive amenities (listed in Category F, below.)
- Category F Balcony Suites are located on Deck 3 and measure 312 square feet. This features a walk-in closet; separate living and sleeping areas; a bathroom with separate tub, shower and dual vanities; and both a French-style “Juliette” balcony and a full, step-out balcony. There’s also a host of extra amenities, including:
- Check-in as early as noon on embarkation day
- Welcome champagne
- Flowers and a small fruit basket refreshed as needed on a daily basis
- Complimentary mini-bar (mineral water, apple juice, Pepsi Cola, Mirinda, beer, white wine, sparkling wine, red wine, peanuts)
- Additional cabin items: slippers, bathrobes, shoehorn, cloth brush, sewing kit
- Premium toiletries in the bathroom (soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion)
- Complimentary invitation to the Wine & Dine evening and participation
- Suite cocktail with the ship management
- Free laundry and ironing service
A-ROSA SILVA Public Areas
A-ROSA SILVA features all of the amenities and public rooms that river cruisers have come to expect, all delivered with A-ROSA’s unique and comfortable style.
All the way forward on Deck 2, an attractive Lounge features 180-degree panoramic windows. Just aft of the Lounge is A-ROSA SILVA’s dedicated Wine Bar, a unique feature among river cruises ships.
Buffets and Live Cooking are offered, along with A-ROSA SILVA’s intimate Market Restaurant.
Further aft is the ship’s Reception Lobby, while one deck down on Deck 1, a larger-than-average SPA offers some decidedly unique amenities for a river cruise ship, including a Massage and Beauty area; an Organic Sauna; and a Relaxation Room. This is in addition to a dedicated Gym.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- There is no elevator aboard the A-ROSA SILVA.
Leave a Reply