Emerald Cruises’ array of river and yacht sailings itineraries around the winter holidays offer something for just about every type of traveler, from those looking to explore a winter wonderland to balmy weather seekers alike.
- The Christmas Connoisseur: A river cruise calling on the Christmas Markets in Europe is a dream come true for any Christmas enthusiast. Wandering through the gingerbread-inspired stalls, sipping mulled wine and shopping for traditional ornaments and gifts is the perfect way to usher in the holiday spirit. Each river ship is fully decked out in elegant holiday regalia. Emerald Waterways’ 2021 and 2022 Christmas Markets sailings range from five to 15 days with sailings along the Rhine, Danube and Rhône rivers.
- The Adventurer: Southeast Asia is not the most obvious Christmas destination, but that’s just the point for the adventure-loving traveler. A Mekong River sailing through Vietnam and Cambodia in December allows for the chance to explore the holiday season through the lens of an ancient culture. Festivities and decorations adorn the villages and cities along the Mekong river, with the largest celebrations happening in Ho Chi Minh City, where Christmas Eve is a major holiday complete with a Vietnamese feast. You may even see multiple Santas zooming by on scooters. Bonus: balmy temperatures along the Mekong in December make this sailing extra attractive for those looking to escape the winter chill. Sailings and land packages of 13-21 days are available for the 2021 and 2022 season.
- The Bucket Lister: A holiday sailing to the Holy Land onboard Emerald Cruises’ soon-to-launch super yacht, Emerald Azzurra, offers the opportunity for travelers to check multiple items off their bucket list. The eight-day Holy Land at Christmastime sailing pays call on Port Said, Egypt where guests can visit the Great Pyramids of Giza and enjoy a day cruise along the Nile, before spending two days in Haifa, Israel and a sojourn to Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee. Perhaps the highlight of this sailing for bucket listers as well as historians and bible scholars alike are the two days spent in Ashdod, a city that plays a major role in the teachings of the Bible and still marks the starting point for pilgrimage to the Holy Land. From here, travelers can choose from excursions to Jerusalem, Bethlehem, the Dead Sea and Tel Aviv—all bucket list worthy destinations.
Just in time for the holiday season, Emerald Cruises is offering a free, Emerald Extended Drink Package with any 2021 or 2022 Christmastime European river or yacht cruise booking made by December 24, 2020. The Extended Drink Package carries a value of $128 per person per week and includes a selection of wine, draft beer and soft drinks available throughout the day. For Southeast Asian river cruises booked by December 24, guests will receive an equivalent onboard credit of $128 per person, which can be used toward drinks at the bar, salon and spa services or at the onboard shop.
The free Extended Drinks Package/onboard credit is combinable with the current savings offers of:
- On European Christmas Market river cruises, savings of up to $2,500 per couple or up to FREE flights to Europe;
- On Southeast Asia river cruises, savings of $2,000 per couple or FREE flights to Southeast Asia on itineraries of 13 or more days;
- On Emerald Yacht Cruises, Earlybird pricing of up to 20 percent off full fares.
In addition, on all these itineraries, guests will save up to an additional 10 percent off 2022 sailings, when paying in full 12 months prior to departure with Emerald Cruises’ Super Earlybird promotion.
All bookings come with the line’s flexible booking policy that allows guests to defer travel plans and transfer to an alternate departure date or itinerary up to 60 days prior to departure with no Emerald Cruises fees. The Deposit Protection Plan (value $125 per person on river cruises and $200 per person on yacht cruises) is a complimentary inclusion in all bookings and allows guests flexibility with their travel dates without having to worry about losing their deposits. Additionally, deposits have been reduced by 50 percent on all river cruise bookings.
Those looking for additional flexibility and security can purchase the new Platinum Protection Plan, which provides coverage for guests who may fall ill or whose travel plans are affected by Covid-19. The Platinum Protection Plan allows for 100 percent refund of cruise fare when enacted up to 31 days prior to departure, and 70 percent refund when enacted between 15 and 30 days prior. This plan can be added to eligible river cruise bookings for $295 per person and to Emerald Azzurra yacht sailings for $395.