Book by the end of November 2020 and receive a $250 gift card.
Riviera River Cruises will offer a special departure of its Blue Danube itinerary next year hosted by cruise expert Ralph Grizzle. The eight-day cruise will depart from Budapest on Oct. 4, 2021, with visits to Vienna and Salzburg before it returns to the imperial city where it began. Prices start at $3,569 per person based on double occupancy. Passengers booking by Dec. 1, 2020, will receive a free beverage package.
“Ralph Grizzle is one of the foremost experts on river cruising and we’re thrilled to have him join us on this Danube River departure,” said Marilyn Conroy, Riviera River Cruises’ Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing North America. “Ralph will host specially tailored tours in destinations along the way and share his knowledge of the region and river cruising with guests.”
Grizzle has been a journalist for more than 30 years, exploring America, Europe and Asia. Today, he produces content for his River Cruise Advisor and Avid Cruiser websites from his home in North Carolina, helping travelers make informed cruise vacation decisions.
The Blue Danube itinerary includes:
- Day 1, Embark in Budapest: Board your ship in Budapest, Hungary.
- Day 2, Esztergom: Spend the morning visiting Esztergom Basilica and the city’s historic center.
- Day 3, Bratislava: Enjoy a guided tour of Bratislava, Slovakia, and then cruise toward Austria, taking in the sights of the region.
- Day 4, Dürnstein and Melk Abbey: Wander the town of Dürnstein, where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned, and then visit the monastery in Melk, with its Emperor’s Gallery.
- Day 5, Salzburg: Take a short drive to Salzburg and tour the old town, the imposing fortress of Hohensalzburg, and the birthplace and residence of Mozart.
- Day 6, Vienna: Home of Strauss and other great composers, Vienna offers a host of sites, including the Spanish Riding School. Enjoy a classical recital on board in the evening.
- Day 7, Budapest: Arrive back in imperial Budapest and explore the city on a guided tour or in your free time. Enjoy a gala dinner and Hungarian folklore show on board in the evening.
- Day 8, Disembark in Budapest: The crew bids you farewell before you disembark.