We will be hosting a cruise aboard American Harmony on the Columbia River. Up to $1,200 per cabin savings if you join our group. Dates are July 13-21, 2021 with rates beginning at $5,565 per person, double occupancy, if booked by October 15, 2020. See details below.
The Columbia and Snake rivers are located in the Pacific Northwest. The Columbia River begins in British Columbia, Canada. It flows for 1,243 miles from Canada through the U.S. states of Washington and Oregon. The Snake River flows through four U.S. states – Wyoming, Idaho, Washington and Oregon. It’s 1,078 miles long and is the largest tributary of the Columbia River. The river begins in the Rocky Mountains in Wyoming.
River cruises on the Columbia and Snake rivers take passengers through mountains and gorges including the Cascade Mountain Range, Columbia River Gorge, and Hells Canyon.
Oftentimes when we talk about river cruises within the US we think directly to the Mississippi. While Mississippi cruises are extremely popular among travelers, we have gotten many requests recently for cruises on the Columbia & Snake Rivers.
American Cruise Lines offers a seven-night itinerary on the Columbia & Snake rivers, with an included hotel stay in Portland before the cruise departs.
Here’s what you should know:
- We will offer a group discount of up to $600 off each cabin.
- All cabins feature balconies, with the smallest cabins being a spacious 275 square feet.
- The ship is American built with an American crew.
- There will be a handful of solo cabins for solo travelers.
- The ship carries 190 passengers.
- A complimentary shore excursion is included in each port.
- All tips and gratuities are included.
- Beer and wine are included at lunch and dinner.
- There will be a daily included cocktail hour.
- A transfer to Clarkston, WA/Lewiston, ID airport upon disembarkation will be included.
- Opt for complimentary room service during all mealtimes.
- Booking with the group will give you access to an included wine country tour and tasting.
7 Night Columbia/Snake River Cruise Itinerary
Day One – Portland, Oregon
- Enjoy a day in Portland after your overnight stay at the Red Lion Inn. A complementary transfer is included from the hotel to the ship.
Day Two – Astoria, Oregon
- In Astoria, you will have the chance to take a city tour on a shuttle. Stops include The Columbia River Maritime Museum, Heritage Museum, Flavel House Museum, an 1885 Queen Anne home, and the Astoria Column. After your tour, you will have a chance to shop and explore downtown Astoria. For guests looking to spend more time at the Maritime Museum, there is a longer excursion that takes you on a personalized tour of the facilities.
Day Three – Mount St. Helens, Washington
- Venture to Mt. St. Helens to the Mt. St. Helens Ridge Observatory. During your journey, you will have a guide who will share information about the eruption of the volcano and how it offended the landscape of the region as well as the environment.
Day Four – Columbia River Scenic Cruising / Stevenson, Washington
- Visit Multnomah Falls, the second tallest year-round waterfall in the United States. You will have time to explore the falls take photographs from Benson Bridge, which spans the length of the waterfall. On the ride to the falls, you will cross the Bridge Of The Gods.
Day Five – The Dalles, Oregon
- Journey to the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center to learn about the formation of the gorge. One highlight of the visit to the Discovery Center is the chance to watch a raptor exhibition where you will watch a demonstration with multiple birds of prey.
Day Six – Pendleton, Oregon / Richland, Washington
- Visit the REACH Museum in Pendleton where you will learn more about the native cultures of the region. The museum also features a complete baby woolly mammoth skeleton.
Day Seven – Clarkston, Washington
- Travel to New Perce National Historic Park to hear stories of the Nez Perce tribe. The Nez Perce are known for having saved Lewis and Clark’s expedition team from starvation.
Day Eight – Clarkston, Washington
- Before returning home, you will have the opportunity to explore Clarkston. Transfer to the airport is included upon disembarkation.