Avalon Waterways will be hosting a number of Special Interest cruises. These itineraries range from wine and beer themed cruises to cruising with the author of the Outlander series, Diana Gabaldon.
From the German Black Forest to the canals of Amsterdam, Avalon Waterways and Diana Gabaldon invite travelers to sail along the Rhine River. This week-long vacation – set onboard the Avalon Expression – delivers cruisers to the heart of Europe to explore the towns and cities along the Rhine River while enjoying panoramic views and castle-lined backdrops day and night.
Also new for 2020 is a themed cruise, Reflections on the Seine for Photography Enthusiasts, hosted by Brenda Tharp, photography veteran and co-author of Extraordinary Everyday Photography. Avalon Waterways invites photography enthusiasts and aspiring shutterbugs to the Seine River to learn from a seasoned photographer while cruising through France from Paris to Le Havre, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Stops in-between include the WWII Landing Beaches in Normandy, Monet’s Giverny, Rouen’s astronomical clock, Van Gogh’s Auvers-sur-Oise, and Napoléon’s Chateau de Malmaison.
Other 2020 Special Interest cruises include:
Palate-Pleasing Adventures: NEW Culinary Cruises.
- New – A Culinary Experience in Burgundy & Provence (March 31 departure)
- New – A Culinary Experience on Rhine & Rhone Revealed (March 24 departure)
The World in Red & White: Wine Cruises.
- New – Danube Dreams for Wine Lovers (April 30 and October 29 departures)
- Burgundy & Provence for Wine Lovers (October 27 departure)
- Grand France for Wine Lovers (October 6 and October 20 departures)
- Rhine & Rhône Revealed for Wine Lovers (October 6 and October 20 departures)
Adventure is Brewing: Beer Cruises.
- Tulip Time Cruise for Beer Enthusiasts (April 4 departure)
- Enchanted Europe for Beer Enthusiasts (July 16 departure)
- Magnificent Europe for Beer Enthusiasts (October 27 departure)
Holiday Joy and Jolly Abound on Festive Time Cruises.
- In 2020, Avalon Waterways is offering 16 Christmas Cruises throughout Europe.
Wonder in Bloom: Garden & Nature Cruises.
- Tulip Time Cruise for Garden & Nature Lovers (April 11 and 18 departures)
Remembrance on the River: World War I and II Cruises.
- Tulip Time in Holland & Belgium WW1 Remembrance & History Cruise (April 19 departure)
- Paris to Normandy WWII Remembrance & History Cruise (June 2 departure)
Once Upon a Castle: Habsburg Cruises.
- Danube Dreams with Habsburg & Royalty (July 11 departure)
- From the Danube Delta to Prague with Habsburg & Royalty (July 2 departure)
Under the Star: Jewish Heritage Cruises.
- Romantic Rhine with Jewish Heritage (July 21 departure)
- Rhine & Rhône Revealed with Jewish Heritage (July 14 departure)
- The Legendary Danube with Jewish Heritage (August 11 departure)
Passion for the Passion Play.
- Danube Dreams with Oberammergau 2020 (multiple departures throughout 2020)
Jim V says
We would like to bring our tandem recumbent bicycle. Would you be able to accomodate that?
Ralph Grizzle says
First off, I want to go! Tandem recumbent sounds awesome. You’d need to contact Avalon. I am assuming they could store it on the top deck.
Avalon Waterways says
You are welcome to contact Avalon’s booking team to discuss options. Space would be the main concern and barrier. Avalon Waterways does, however, have complimentary bikes onboard each ship for guest use. We hope to see you onboard!
All the best to you!