Crystal River Cruises is unveiling more than two dozen new Crystal Getaways for three of its river ships, sailing between May and November of this year. The collection of Getaways for the Crystal Bach, Crystal Mahler, and Crystal Ravel feature multiple overnights on six- to nine-day voyages.
“Crystal River Cruises hallmark is offering innovative itineraries that explore new places and longtime favorites catering to our guests’ own distinct style and length of exploration,” says Walter Littlejohn, vice president and managing director of Crystal River Cruises. “These new Getaways, along with the full complement of voyages across the fleet, will feature the personalized service, culinary experiences, expansive all-suite design and other fine details only found with Crystal.”
The new itineraries sail along the Danube and Rhine rivers, with calls in Austria, Germany, Hungary, Switzerland, Slovakia, Belgium and the Netherlands. Guests can explore medieval fortresses and cathedrals, cobbled alleyways of riverside town squares, centuries of art and musical heritage, and the cosmopolitan hubs of society that border Europe’s waterways.
The Crystal Getaways include:
- Romantic Rhine, 7 days (sailing between Amsterdam and Mainz) – Amsterdam, Netherlands; Antwerp, Belgium; Nijmegen, Netherlands; Cologne, Cochem, Koblenz, Rudesheim and Mainz, Germany.
- Rhine Serenade, 7 days (sailing between Mainz and Frankfurt) – Mainz, Speyer, Kehl (Strasbourg) and Breisach, Germany; Basel, Switzerland; and Frankfurt, Germany.
- Delightful Danube, 7 days (sailing between Regensburg and Budapest) – Regensburg and Passau, Germany; Melk, Dürnstein and Vienna, Austria; Bratislava, Slovakia; and Budapest, Hungary
- European Escape, 9 days (sailing between Amsterdam and Regensburg) – Amsterdam, Netherlands; Cologne, Miltenberg, Würzburg, Bamberg, Nuremberg and Regensburg, Germany
- European Treasures, 8 days (sailing between Nuremburg and Basel) – Nuremberg, Bamberg, Würzburg, Miltenberg, Koblenz, Speyer and Kehl (Strasbourg), Germany; and Basel, Switzerland (Mannheim, and Wertheim also featured on eastbound route only).
- Danube Getaway, 6 days (between Vienna and Nuremberg) – Vienna, Dürnstein, Melk and Linz, Austria; Passau, Regensburg and Nuremburg, Germany (Krems, Austria featured on southbound route only).
In addition to these new Getaways, Crystal Bach will sail three previously announced Getaways to the Netherlands and Belgium, highlighting the tulips and high season of the region in April and May.
As with all Crystal River Cruises voyages, a collection of more than 200 inclusive excursions enhance the journey. Excursion group sizes are limited to no more than 15 guests; for larger groups, guides are available to lead the tours in German, Spanish, Portuguese and other languages upon request.
Crystal will welcome Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel to the fleet this month and next, respectively, joining sister ships Crystal Bach, Crystal Mahler and the line’s first river ship, Crystal Mozart.