Crystal River Cruises announced details of its new collection of destination experiences for voyages along Europe’s Danube, Rhine and Main rivers. Debuting in 2018, the newly added offerings are tailored to travelers’ individual interests, featuring smaller group sizes.
Crystal Bach docked in Cologne, Germany. Photo © 2017 Aaron SaundersNearly 200 enriching excursions are included, with additional pursuits also available at a cost. The shore-side excursions highlight the multi-faceted character of each destination and comprises five types of experiences including:
- Personal Connections – Those looking to explore the culture of a destination can enjoy a tour hosted by local residents, artisans and experts.
- Tantalizing Gastronomy – Guests can relish in the signature culinary styles and specialties of the destination with a variety of dining and hands-on cooking opportunities.
- Cultural Discoveries – Guests will enjoy insight from guides into historical landmarks, museums, sites and architectural styles.
- Exhilarating Adventures – Active cruise travelers can participate in a selection of activities that combine historical and cultural experiences.
- Design Your Time – For a more tailored vacation, guests can choose this option, which features a concierge service that designs private tours.
“Every detail of the Crystal River Cruises’ curated destination program has been revamped to focus on choices, and offer more intimate, immersive experiences that perfectly suit travelers’ preferences and properly showcase the charm and beauty of the destinations,” says Walter Littlejohn, managing director and vice president of Crystal River Cruises. “While each locale offers its own distinct ‘can’t-miss’ experiences, we recognize that every guest brings his or her own distinct style of exploration, and we strive to cater to that individuality.”
With many destinations offering more than a dozen choices for shore-side discovery, some of the new experiences featured on voyages in Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Switzerland, Slovenia, Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, Croatia and Serbia include:
- Nearly 200 Inclusive Adventures including:
- Immersive culinary experience in the foodie haven of Rotterdam;
- String & opera performance in a historic Antwerp cathedral;
- A full day exploring Salzburg from Linz;
- Horse show & carriage ride at Lázár Equestrian Park;
- An owner-hosted tasting at Schlagkamp Winery in Cochem;
- Cycle to Veitshochheim Castle and its Rococo Garden in Wurzburg;
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Amsterdam’s greenhouses, where the famous tulips are cultivated.
- Dozens of Optional Experiences including:
- Vintage photography adventure in Vukovar;
- Hands-on instruction in Linzer torte baking;
- Private home cooking lesson in Kehl;
- Wine tasting in the renowned cellars of Vienna’s Palais Coburg;
- Canoe through the romantic canals of Strasbourg;
- Explore Budapest by Trabant Cars;
- Hands-on creativity in one of Novi Sad’s last remaining tapestry workshops;
- Horseback riding through the forests of Novi Sad’s Fruška Gora National Park.
Each river itinerary will also feature inclusive Signature Events – special events that offer access to musical performances in iconic landmarks including Vienna’s Belvedere Palace, Linz’s St. Florian Monastery, Rüdesheim’s Monastery Eberbach, and others.
To ensure that every detail of each experience is in line with Crystal’s exacting standards of service, excursion group sizes are limited to no more than 15 guests; for larger groups, guides are available to lead the tours in German, Spanish, Portuguese and other languages upon request. Crystal Collection shore excursions offer guest transport to iconic sites and regions via spacious motor coaches that include free WiFi.
Fares for Crystal River Cruises start at $3,175 per person including Early Booking Savings of up to $1000 per suite.