For those looking to river cruise in Europe (and beyond) next year — and save significantly — now may be the time to take action. Here’s a look at which lines are offering specials and incentives for the 2017 river cruise season (note that some of these offers may be time-sensitive).
AmaWaterways is running a number of special offers at the moment, including:
- $299 airfare or up to $2,000 off select 2017 European river cruises (new bookings until 8/31)
- Up to 40% off 2017 Christmas Markets river cruises (new bookings until 8/31)
- Solo Cruisers: No single supplement on Category E staterooms on any European river cruise.
- Up to $2,500 off 2017 Myanmar departures
- Up to $2,000 off 2017 Mekong (Vietnam & Cambodia) departures.
Avalon Waterways is offering some similar deals, with rebates and heavily discounted airfare to Europe:
- Free flights to Europe from select U.S. cities on select 2017 departures (new bookings until 8/30)
- Single supplement waived on select 2017 European river cruises (new bookings until 8/30)
- Airfare Guarantee on 2017 European river cruises (book by 9/14)
CroisiEurope is French, family-owned and operated — and the company has a lot of ships. CroisiEurope’s all-inclusive product impresses us with its French flair and innovative designs. CroisiEurope serves up one of the best values in river cruising.
- Check out our reviews on the Seine: Video Review: What’s It Like Cruising CroisiEurope’s ms Botticelli?
- On the Anne-Marie Barge in the South of France: Barging In The South Of France: CroisiEurope’s Anne-Marie, Day 10, Our Trip Comes To An End, Wrapping Up
- On the Loire: Loire Princesse, Day 6, Nantes, End Of Cruise, Summing Up
- And on the Elbe: Elbe Princesse: Summing Up
For special offers, see CroisiEurope’s website: http://www.croisieuroperivercruises.com
Crystal River Cruises
Europe’s newest river cruise line is benefiting from the buzz surrounding it. As such, Crystal River Cruises isn’t really doing much in the way of promotions for 2017 sailings at the moment – though that could change as we head into the slower winter months of this year.
It’s a veritable cornucopia of savings over at Emerald Waterways for the 2017 river cruise season. For the next few weeks, the line is offering:
- Air from $495 on all 2017 12+ night sailings (until 9/2)
- Air from $995 on all 8-11 day sailings (until 9/2)
- Additional 50 Euros Onboard Credit on April 20/27, 2017 sailings from Amsterdam (until 8/31)
Scenic is offering a wide variety of bonuses on its 2017 departures in Europe, including roundtrip economy-class airfare, €100-200 preloaded onto Visa Currency Cards for spending money in Europe, and discounted base fares.
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection has three basic offers on the go at the moment for 2017 river cruise departures in Europe:
- Free Airfare on 2017 Europe and Russia (select U.S. gateways; until 8/20)
- Solo Travellers: Reduced or eliminated single supplement on select itineraries and departures.
- Early booking savings on 2017 European departures (until 1/17/2017)
Viking River Cruises
Last but not least, Viking River Cruises is offering up to $1,000 off per couple on select 2017 river cruise departures in Europe on new bookings made by 8/26/16.