Room service is an amenity that is not always available on river cruise ships. Some companies do offer it, but it’s usually available only during dining hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner – not 24 hours a day. For most guests, this probably won’t be an issue or even be something that would cross their minds before or during their river cruises.
For the river cruise companies that do offer room service, it’s usually only available to guests who are staying in deluxe or suite stateroom categories. It could very well enhance the dining experience for guests who enjoy being served meals on their own private balconies.
On the other hand, public dining areas should provide most guests with an enjoyable and memorable dining experience.
Most river cruise companies have some level of room service available to their guests. In the all-inclusive river cruise series on River Cruise Advisor, private butler service was listed. Room service is included as part of this amenity. Most companies that have room service available offer it apart from private butler service.
- American Cruise Lines offers room service to its guests.
- Room service is available onboard when you cruise with American Queen Steamboat Company.
- A-ROSA offers room service to its guests.
- Room service for Continental breakfast and beverages is available to all guests. A service fee applies.
- Room service is not available on CroisiEurope’s ships.
- Grand Circle Travel does not offer room service onboard any of its vessels.
- Room service is available as part of Scenic’s Private Butler Service. The level of service provided is based on stateroom category. Guests staying on the Danube Deck or in a Junior Suite may enjoy room service for breakfast. And for guests staying in a Royal Suite, room service is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Tauck offers rooms service to guests staying in Category 6 suites. It’s limited to breakfast only.
- Uniworld provides Private Butler Service to its suite guests on European river cruises, which includes room service.
- Viking River Cruises does not offer room service.
Room Service Added Value
While room service might be a nice option to have, it probably isn’t something that will detract from your river cruise experience if it’s not available to you. For some guests, it could enhance their experiences. For most it’s probably as enjoyable or even more enjoyable to dine socially with the other guests.
Read more about Private Butler Service.