European river cruise operator CroisiEurope has detailed the full breadth of their Christmas Time Voyages through Europe for 2014, and there is no shortage of itineraries and options to suit every taste and budget.
On offer this year are dozens of distinct itineraries ranging in length from three to eight days. What makes these voyages particularly noteworthy is that CroisiEurope has further broken them down according to the time of year in which they operate, designing separate itineraries for Christmas, New Year’s, and the fabled Christmas Markets that run up until Christmas Eve.
CroisiEurope is also one of the few lines to spread their Christmas-themed itineraries out over a large expanse of Europe, with voyages beginning in Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and Italy. Particularly noteworthy is the line’s Venice and the Venetian Lagoon at Christmas, a five-day itinerary that allows guests to arrive in Venice in time for a tour of St. Mark’s Square and midnight mass within the striking confines of St. Mark’s Basilica.
Noteworthy CroisiEurope Christmas, Christmas Markets and New Year’s itineraries on offer this year:
Christmas Markets of France, Belgium and Germany:
- Christmas in Alsace, Potter Villages and Revue at the Royal Palace – 4 Days: Explore the Rhine while visiting the Potter Village and Europe’s Christmas market in Strasbourg.
- Christmas Magic in Belgium – 4 Days: Beginning in Brussels, visit the city’s Christmas market before heading to Antwerp to visit the Cathedral, which houses two works by Rubens, then on to Bruges’ Christmas market.
- A Bountiful Christmas in Alsace and the Black Forest- 4 Days: Sail along the Rhine and visit Colmar’s Christmas market and a cuckoo clocks workshop in the Black Forest.
Christmas Time Cruises:
- Discover Brussels and the Treasures of Flanders – 5 Days: Celebrate the holidays in Brussels with a Christmas Eve dinner, midnight mass in Ghent and city tours.
- Christmas in the Bordeaux Region on the Gironde and Dordogne Rivers – 5 Days: Tour medieval cities within the region with city tours and midnight mass in Bordeaux.
- Venice and the Venetian Lagoon at Christmas – 5 Days: Journey along the Po and take part in an excursion by private boat to visit the islands in the Venetian Lagoon prior to arrival in Venice for a tour of St. Mark’s Square and midnight mass at St. Mark’s Basilica.
New Year’s Voyages:
- New Year in the Bordeaux Region on the Gironde and Dordogne River – 5 Days: Welcome 2015 from the medieval cities in Bordeaux with Chateaux tours and a New Year’s dinner.
- Italian New Year in Venice – 5 Days: Ring in the New Year exploring Italy’s art, lagoons and history on this five-day tour capped off with a New Year’s champagne dinner.
More information on CroisiEurope can be found by viewing our company overview here on River Cruise Advisor.