New for Viking River Cruises in 2011:
- Viking Prestige, sister to the flagship Viking Legend, will premier in Europe in the summer of 2011.
- Also making its debut in 2011, Viking Emerald will sail in China as a replacement for Viking Century Sun.
In addition to the new vessels, Viking has announced several new itineraries:
- The most recent is a 15-day program along the Mekong River in Southeast Asia. The 15-day Magnificent Mekong itinerary features a combination of land programs exploring key cities in Vietnam and Cambodia.
- The new Passage to Eastern Europe itinerary features an 8-day cruise along the Danube River with stops in five Eastern European countries: Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania, plus 2 nights in Budapest and one night in Bucharest.
- Viking will add a new Egypt cruisetour itinerary in September. The 12-day Pharaohs & Pyramids will continue throughout the 2011 season and combines both Nile River and Lake Nasser cruising with a Cairo hotel stay.
The company has extended its Early Booking Discount for 2011 itineraries through Dec. 17th:
- 2-for-1 pricing on the cruise portion of every itinerary, for every stateroom category (single staterooms receive a 50% discount)
- Up to 2-for-1 on international roundtrip air purchased through Viking
- Complimentary wine with onboard dinners