AMAWATERWAYS has significantly upgraded its complimentary information and entertainment experience, which it calls “Infotainment,” on its vessels plying the Danube, Rhine, Main and Mosel rivers.
New features include enhanced Internet connectivity based on 3G High Speed Internet service; as well as Hollywood new release feature and classic films, plus computing options featuring Microsoft Office programs — all at no charge to the guest. Highlights of the Infotainment System:
- New state-of-the-art video on demand system featuring Hollywood’s hottest current releases from top studios including Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, Paramount and Sony available on a complimentary basis in staterooms. A regularly changing selection of classic films will also be available, as will informative television programs from renowned sources such as Rick Steves and Samantha Brown, chosen to coincide with the cruise itinerary.
- Enhanced Broadcast Television options, including News, Sports, Current Affairs, and an array of special interest channels available on stateroom television.
- A large selection of music in different styles and genres.
- Improved Internet connectivity fleet-wide, with fewer interruptions due to location, bridges, weather, etc. Internet service is available via 3G, and will include convenient Wi-Fi access throughout the ship.
- “Virtual Computer Desktop,” providing computer-like functionality just like home. Using a specially designed remote control, passengers can switch the television screen into a “computer screen,” allowing them to surf the Internet via Microsoft Internet Explorer; send emails; post blogs; create documents using word processing or spreadsheet programs.
- Airline Boarding Pass printing capability, using a dedicated guest laser printer in the Aft Lounge.
- A broadcasted Google map tracing the route of the ship.
- Personalized bill view, with the ability to check ongoing charges