Avalon Waterways is removing its single supplement on select departures throughout Europe in 2010.
“We’re opening the door to savings for solo travelers on several river cruises and tours,” said Steve Born, vice president of marketing for the Globus family of brands, which owns Avalon. “Travelers going solo will not pay a single supplement for their own room.”
The single supplement has been a touchy issue since time immemorial. Not only are solo travelers, well, solo, but they generally have to pay extra for traveling alone.
The Avalon itineraries on which the single supplement will be waived on select departures are:
- Tulip Time Cruise (Amsterdam to Amsterdam)
- A Taste of the Danube (Vienna to Budapest)
- The Blue Danube Discovery (Budapest to Prague)
- The Legendary Danube (Prague to Budapest)
- Burgundy & Provence (Côte d’Azur to Paris)
- Windmills, Vineyards & Paris (Paris to Amsterdam)
- Romantic Rhine (Amsterdam to Basel)
- Paris to Normandy’s Landing Beaches (Paris to Paris)
- European Splendor (Vienna to Amsterdam)
- Magnificent Europe (Amsterdam to Budapest; Budapest to Amsterdam)
Five promotional staterooms are available on select departures for bookings made and under deposit by February 16, 2010 for travel in 2010.
The offer applies to new 2010 bookings only, and will not be applied to pre-existing bookings.