AVALON TAPESTRY Ship Review
Launched in 2006, the 443-foot long Avalon Tapestry is one of Avalon Waterways’ largest and most unique vessels. Avalon Tapestry features a distinct layout that separates the mechanical, navigation and propulsion systems from the main passenger spaces, placing them aft and accommodation and lounges forward. The result of this arrangement is a quieter, smoother river cruise experience.
AVALON TAPESTRY Staterooms
Avalon Tapestry features five different stateroom categories, encompassing 80 staterooms and two suites.
- Located on Indigo Deck, Category E staterooms measure 172 square feet, and feature two porthole style windows. These staterooms also have a full bathroom complete with a glass door enclosed shower, a writing desk, vanity, and of Avalon’s deluxe beds with premium mattress covers, Egyptian linens, European-style duvets, and a choice of firm or soft pillows.
- Categories A, B and P also measure 172 square feet, and are located on the Sapphire and Royal decks. These staterooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and a French balcony, making ideal for enjoying Europe’s waterways.
- Rounding out the accommodations aboard Avalon Tapestry are the 258-square foot Avalon Suites. Located side-by-side on Royal Deck, these two suites pull out all the stops, featuring all the amenities of the above but with more space, a large sitting area, and a larger bathroom
All guests have access to a welcome list of amenities, including nightly turn-down service, spacious three-door closets, flat-screen TV with movie channels, bathrobes and slippers, complimentary bottled water, and L’Occitane toiletries.
AVALON TAPESTRY Public Areas
Like her sisters, Avalon Tapestry offers a host of amenities designed to ensure your stay aboard her is pleasurable. She features a forward-facing lounge, bar and dining room, in addition to a forward-facing observation deck.
The ship is also fully equipped with Wi-Fi access and a dedicated Internet center, as well as a fitness center, salon, reception area, and the expansive Sky Deck, featuring premium lounge chairs.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- There is no whirlpool or forward-facing observation deck aboard Avalon Tapestry.
- The interiors of all Avalon Waterways vessels are non-smoking.
- Headsets are available for guests on guided shore excursions.
- Room service, including continental breakfast, is available.
- Avalon Tapestry has a dedicated cruise director and onboard lecturers, as well as nightly entertainment.